I love Halloween!
I've been getting smiles all morning as I have worn my witch costume to work--the same one I wore to the Harry Potter Book 7 release party. It is so fun. I even brought my belt pouch and have been handing out candy.
Last Saturday night was my ward's Trunk or Treat, to which I invited my friend Dina. She was in Renaissance Garb, I was in my Lady Sith outfit (complete with long black hair). We wandered around, looking at the games and costumes. I tried to entice the children to come with me to a far away galaxy to destroy the Jedi. Most of them turned me down, but I did get a few takers. I think they were a little disappointed that I didn't have anything really planned, I was just asking them. Oh well. I'll have something more planned next time.
Tonight I'm looking forward to handing out candy while reading my book. I'm only half-way through the book club's choice this month "Fire of the Covenant" (very good, btw), and the discussion is tomorrow. Oops!! I'll have to start next month's book a little sooner... Last year I had just moved into my house three days before Halloween, so this is really my second year doing the candy thing from my own home. It was so fun, and this year will be too, I predict. It's nice enough I will probably sit outside so the kids don't get thwacked by my storm door. Plus Daylight Savings doesn't kick in until this coming Sunday, so it will be lighter as the kids start going door to door.
So again, Happy Halloween! Be safe out there!
5 comments:
Oh dear! Only half way through? I'll finish it for you. A lot of people die, and some get married. Everyone is cold. There! You've read it!!
I'm sure you look awesome this Halloween day. You're always so great about dressing up. How fun. Happy Halloween!!
Happy halloween!! I love your witch costume!! Hope you have fun passing out candy tonight!
i hope you had lots and lots of trick-or-treaters! enjoy the book. it makes you think about how wonderful it is to eat something besides flour. :)
Some people wore costumes at work here too yesterday and it was so fun to see them.
I saw you at the ward arty. You looked great. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you friend. I was just in the kitchen all night, warming up hot cocoa.
Post a Comment