Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I got Ghosted!!!

Monday night I came home after work plus a shopping trip and found that I had been visited by the Savage Mill Ghost!!! I was so happy to see this! I haven't been 'ghosted' for years. Last year I found out that the ward has been doing this since it's beginning, and I was actually a bit put out that no one had thought of me. Ok, so last year I moved right at halloween time, so that was probably it, but before then?? I really hate sounding pathetic, but I really do want to be included in things. So I'm happily making treats and will be figuring out who I should 'ghost'. I typically go for people that I don't think would get it otherwise. This late in the month all the 'popular' people have probably been hit already :)

9 comments:

Mendy said...

I learned this year that the best way to get ghosted is to shamelessly talk about how wonderful the ghost is in front of ward members. The next night, the ghost came to my house. I'm actually a little embarrassed about it, but not too much. I am glad you were ghosted! I think it's so fun. I actually have an internal struggle going on as to whether or not it would be okay to take my ghost down in hopes of getting ghosted again. I'm shameless.

The Spiveys said...

I loved that part of the SM Ward! Our new ward doesn't do it. Maybe we should start the tradition...

Jenni said...

I was so excited when we got ghosted this year too!! It is such a fun tradition!!

Joni said...

Hey, I have never even heard of the ghost. We were there for two Halloweens. How does it work?

Julia said...

Joni-- you hear a knock at the door, but no one is there. On the ground you see a plate of treats, a picture of a ghost, and a note that tells you that you have been hit by the Savage Mill Ghost and instructions on what to do next. I didn't know our ward was doing it until last year either. Don't worry, I'll 'ghost' you when you get back! Unless Mendy or Brenda gets you first!

Corinne said...

Wahoo!! I love the ghostie

Kellie said...

We didn't get ghosted this year. We just realized it tonight. We figure everyone says, "Oh, I'm sure somebody already got the Bishop..." It is a bit of a strange feeling. I usually start one up but I didn't get around to it this year. I'm glad you had fun though!

felicity & nathaniel said...

We've never had it either! Always another year... ;)

Anonymous said...

you can use www.igotghosted.com to track your ghosting trail - check it out