Monday, October 17, 2011

Quote of the day

“I believe when we determine within our hearts that by and with the blessings of God our Heavenly Father we will accomplish a certain labor, God gives the ability to accomplish that labor; but when we lay down, when we become discouraged, when we look at the top of the mountain and say it is impossible to climb to the summit, while we never make an effort it will never be accomplished. “ Heber J. Grant

I tell myself that I don't expect results with my weight loss goals as long as I continue to not follow the guidelines of Weight Watchers. However, I still wake up every morning wishing I had.

Went to the PA Rennaissance Festival on Saturday (more on that in a different post, this one is more introspective), and as we were leaving I once again tripped and fell. I used to fall a lot more when I would insist on wearing shoes that were slightly too small, but once I started wearing shoes that were big enough I stopped falling as much. Now I'm thinking one reason I fall is because I have small feet, and it's too easy to overbalance when I weigh this much.

So today I have bruises and scrapes on my arms and knees--actually not as bad as some I've had, I can still kneel down if I need to, but the pain is making me grumpy. Mostly my arm where I have a nice bench-shaped bruise from where my arm landed. I was grumpy all yesterday at church too, and at home all I did was read because that's all I wanted to do. Time for some Tylenol, I think. Ibuprophin is ok, but didn't really help the pain, just the mobility.

So this week's goal is to have three carb-free days, not necessarily in order, but today is the first day. Because carbs are my weakness. Which is how I got to be this big in the first place.

heaven help me stay focused.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm so sorry you fell. I hope you feel better soon. I'm excited to hear about the PA Renn Fest.

Unknown said...

Good luck with your goal! Hope you feel better soon (:

Beckie Hales said...

Here's my theory on the falling: sinusitis. Seriously, it can affect your balance, and every fall it gets me and several of our other sisters - I think it's genetic. Could be wrong, I know, but doesn't it sound better than anything else?
Sorry you fell down and are sad...I hope you had a really good book to read!