Friday, October 28, 2011

Cat antics

I really need to get some more pictures of my cats. They are so funny these days!

Last week Kitty wanted outside, so I let her, but when it was time for her to come inside (so I could go upstairs and go to bed), she didn't come! I called and called, and finally went to bed anyway. I had a really restful night's sleep. Hmmm. She was ready to come in in the morning, though.

Ani has been getting braver. When I go downstairs to feed him I sit and read for a while, and he's been slowly getting closer to where I sit. Someday I hope he'll be brave enough to come close enough for me to have him smell my hand. Maybe even let me pet him. I have been leaving the door open between the basement and the rest of the house whenever I'm home, and I think this has been helping. I find him in the mornings on the main floor curled up in Kitty's place. Well, she doesn't actually sit there anymore ;) One morning I didn't see him--until he leaped up from the couch where he'd been sitting and ran for the basement! Yup, he still runs from me :(

Sunday mornings are way more fun. I lay on the couch reading quietly, Kitty sitting somewhere near by--on the rocking chair, or the floor, or even up on the window sill (just not where That Boy has been sitting). Ani will slink upstairs, making little mewing noises to Kitty, calling to her. Kitty will growl. Ani will edge closer and mew. Kitty will growl. this continues until Ani gets inside Kitty's personal space, and she hisses (it's about 3 feet from wherever she is). One morning Ani lay down and presented his cute white belly to her. "See," he seemed to say, "I'm not a threat. I just want to play with you." "Go away," she growled. "I don't like other cats!"

Ah Kitty. I hope she will accept him someday. I hope Ani will accept me someday. I hope Kitty will stop attacking me because she has an appropriate play friend (who can defend himself if necessary). I think I'm in an odd sort of relationship triangle with my cats...

My week has been crazy. I'm trying to fit in some extra hours at work so I can take off next week and not have to dip into next year's vacation (yup, I'm almost out). Then, of course, things keep coming up in the evenings so I have to leave, and then after I get home I stay up too late so it's hard to get up the next day (for example, last night I was getting things ready for tonight's Ward Halloween Party). Exercise has gone out the window, and actually so has tracking, though i was very good on Monday and Tuesday. Today not so much. Tomorrow should be better. I was going to help with the Stake Service day, but one of the events was canceled, so I think they're all going to descend upon the Stake Center where I was going and as much as I love hanging out with these people, large crowds make me anxious. Kind of like Ani, only the size of crowd he can handle is, well, one. Sometimes. Anyway. But in the afternoon I'm going to see Disney on Ice with a friend and her daughter, so that will be very fun (and keep me out of the kitchen). Then in the evening I have a fun thing planned, but don't want to say anything until I do it. I promise, you'll be among the first to know.

And then next week I have Mon, Tues, and Wed and then I go to CALIFORNIA!!! :D Definitely will post about that then too :)

2 comments:

Beckie Hales said...

Definitely excited about us meeting up in CA!

Those cats sound hilarious. At least they keep you entertained, right?

Cami said...

Your cats have definite personalities! It's a good thing Ethan is terrified, because I don't know if I could handle cat antics! But I do miss my cat of old. Have fun in CA!