Monday, October 3, 2011

New Seasons

It's finally Fall!! course, we really only know that because the temperature is much cooler. It's still cloudy and yucky most of the day, as it has been for the last several weeks. I'm hoping for a nice, long fall, at least a couple of months, but we'll see.

And with the lower temperatures come the new TV Season!!! Yes, I'm still addicted to television, but this season I've dropped several shows I was watching last year and am really only watching four or five new ones--and at least three of them are 1/2 hour shows. Course, there are still a couple more coming... But what it really means is that I only have one night where the shows I want to watch are 'doubled', and there are about three nights where there's nothing on I record at all. Ok, maybe only one night, but the other two there's only one show recording. And yes, I do still record everything. so here's what I'm watching this year:

Monday: Terra Nova, Hawaii 5-0, Castle, How I Met Your Mother, and Two Broke Girls
Tuesday: NCIS, Body of Proof, Raising Hope, New Girl
Wednesday: Harry's Law, Revenge
Thursday: The Mentalist, Person of Interest
Friday: Fringe (may be dropping this soon--I like the characters, but it's kinda creepy, and I'm four seasons behind--will catch up on DVD)
Saturday: Dr Who (will be ending soon)

Considering the 20 or shows I was trying to keep up with last year, this is much better. Course, the USA/TNT shows will start back up in November for a few episodes, but I've cut that list down too.

What will I do with my extra time? Exercise, practice piano, learn Spanish, and sew. I have lots of sewing I want to do. Course, I can sew and watch tv at the same time, but generally I only sew during the commercials, and if I've recorded it, why do I need to watch commercials?

OH, and sleep. I really have got to start getting enough sleep.

2 comments:

Beckie Hales said...

Yes, the sleep thing would be good! With a few less shows, though, should be a lot easier. Doug has decided we don't really need TV - or at least, we don't need TV we have to pay for. So we have a digital antenna, which isn't fabulous, but we do get PBS. And BYU-TV. Pretty lame, really. I mean, how am I supposed to live without HGTV? : )

Cami said...

AHA! I KNEW you watched Castle. This is why reading blogs backwards never works. :)

DON'T give up on Fringe! It's my favorite show, and EVERYONE gives up on it. Sigh. That's is all.