She sits on my Jewelry box, surveying the scene
To all in my house, she is the queen.
She sits there in the mornings sometimes as I get ready for work. Those who follow me on Facebook know that she scratched me in the face last Friday, and smacked me again on Monday. But now I use my pillows as shields and she doesn't like that too much. She's gone back to attacking my ankles.
In other news, I'm FINALLY released from Ward Chorister. I still have two other callings, plus Visiting Teaching, never fear, but it will be nice to not always be 'on' when I'm at church. And sit in the congregation. And sing whatever part I feel like when singing hymns. Including descants.
I'm taking Spanish lessons now--second one was this week. I'm bad at practicing when I'm at home, though. You queiro espanol, pero no quiero a trabajar. I want to learn Spanish, but I don't want to put in the work. Same with my piano lessons. Yes, taking piano lessons from a woman in my ward. It's really fun. She encourages me to practice but is so completely understanding when I don't. She give me a lot of leeway too, since I do actually know how to play, I just need the encouragement and discipline of taking lessons. She's great (yes, it's Ashley, for those who know her).
I went to a play called 'Or', put on at the Howard County Community College, with a couple friends from the drama club. It was... performed very well. Set in the 16th century a woman has affairs with the King, an actress, and her former lover, a spy. She was a spy before too, but now is trying to be a playwrite. There were elements of humor, but a lot of bad language and even more innuendo, and lots of kissing. Everyone kissed this woman. Yes, I mean everyone. Can't really recommend it to my LDS friends, but those who are not might like it. My friends enjoyed it quite a bit. And like I said, it was performed very well.
Not much else going on. Going to the RenFest tomorrow, provided I can get my driver's license renewed in a reasonable amount of time. If not, I guess the yard is finally going to get worked on :)
1 comment:
Wow - lots of lessons! Keep practicing, girl...my old Spanish teacher had a hint you might like: get a little notebook and copy vocab words into it. Then, when you have to wait somewhere (like in line at the DMV to get your license renewed), you can quiz yourself on vocab.
Yah, I never actually did it. But it sounded good! : )
Post a Comment