Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Weekends and colds

I simply cannot be sick. I had a tickle in my throat last night, and today I'm blowing my nose and sneezing. But I simply don't have time to be sick. The Seneca Single Adult conference is this weekend, and I am on the committee. I am in charge of the music, I am leading the music, and I am leading the choir. I simply must be there. So, vitamins and large bottles of fruit juice, along with some cottage cheese and pineapple (and maybe some mac and cheese since that's very good comfort food) are my new diet. For now.

Last weekend went fairly well. Saturday morning was quiet, and the dogs and I just hung out. I took them to an adoption event in Arlington--the very place where I first met them, in fact. We had fun, meeting all the other dogs and the people who had come by to meet them. There were several people interested in them, but couldn't commit to adopting at this time. There's another event on July 7 that we'll go to--third time is a charm, they say. Either they'll get adopted or I'll decide to just keep them since they are doing much better and I don't have to lock them up so much. I'll be gone a lot in July, but at least I found a good place for boarding. I think I still need someone to help me with them for MDRF weekends, but that's still in the future.

Sunday--Father's Day. A holiday I don't have to dread or simply survive. Yay! Dad actually called me before I could call him, and we had a nice talk. We were able to settle more plans for the week when he comes out to visit me. I also got to talk to my oldest brother, Blaine, who was visiting Dad with his family. It was very nice. He was making noises like he and his family may come see me sometime :) That morning I allowed the dogs to roam downstairs while I got ready for church, and they pulled all the throw pillows off the couch. Then when I came downstairs to check on them, they had to tell me about it. This is the first time they've barked at me, but it was a happy sort of 'we were playing, mom!' bark. So I think it was ok. I taught in Relief Society on Sunday too, but with everything else that was going on only got about 15 minutes to teach. Which is fine--although I hope I didn't go so fast the Spirit got dizzy. Fortunately the lesson was on something I could talk about, and was able to flex my lesson so the important parts got in. I tend to be a less-structured type of teacher anyway, to allow for comments and the need to expand or contract a lesson.

So this week I need to prepare for the coming weekend, and my doggies get shipped off to the Preston Country Club for Pets (sounds pretty nice, huh? and not as expensive as you might think). They do like it there.

4 comments:

Jann said...

I hope you do not get ill. You have way to much fun coming up for that. It sounds like the dogs are adjusting. That is great. Maybe all will work out after all. Have fun at the conference. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Jenni said...

Hope the conference is great and that you get feeling better so it can be!! :) Your lesson was great!! So sorry about my ringing phone!! Man, that was embarassing - must remember to turn off phone... That dog boarding place does sound fancy!! :)

Mendy said...

Do you need some Airborne? I have several vials of it left in my medicine supply from last winter. It really does seem to work! I sure hope you don't get sick when you have so much to do this weekend.

Corinne said...

I wish I hadn't missed your lesson! Dang. I hope your conference is awesome - I want to hear all about it!