Friday, June 8, 2007

My brain is fuzzy...

What a week!


Note to self: staying up late to read when you want to be up early to get to work on time the next day is NOT a good idea! I don't care if Harry *is* still stuck with the Dursleys!




Monday blew off FHE--actually not as bad as it sounds, because the family that signed up to have us come over forgot they'd signed us up, and I forgot to call and remind them a week before, and so since everyone forgot, I stayed home with my dogs. They liked that.



Tuesday some friends came over and we worked on quiet books. The dogs were funny. I tried to confine them in the kitchen, because it seemed cruel to me to lock them up downstairs, and they jumped through the barrier and joined us. Fortunately they like to lay on the couch and just *be* with us, so it was fine. My friends didn't mind, either. Silly doggies.



Wednesday I again stayed home, only this time I worked on my front yard. Heeding warnings that it was going to be hot and yucky I decided to mow, trim, cut, and sweep. The dogs were in the back yard for part of it, which makes me nervous because if they try hard enough they can get out of the gate (they've done it before). Then they were in the house, which makes me nervous because who knows what they'll get into if I'm not there to watch. But they were good, both places, and now my front yard looks like someone cares about it.



Thursday I went quickly home after work to walk and feed the dogs, and make a quick supper for myself. I had a Chiropracter appt, and I didn't want to tease the boys by coming home and then leaving again, so I went to PetSmart and spent another $70 on the dogs. I got them 'Gentle Leader' harnesses, so maybe I can break them of their pulling habit. At least when we're on walkies. I also picked up a couple more toys. Then I went to book club and read more in my car until time to go in (I'm still only about 1/2-way through the book). The book was "A woman in Berlin: 8 weeks in the conquered city". Very interesting, well-written, and tasteful description of the atrocities suffered by women in the city after the Russians conquered it in 1945. Definitely need to finish it. The discussion started out by the other women discussing potty training, then we talked about the book for a while, but when the conversation turned back to potty training I knew it was time for me to leave. Should I ever need a discussion on potty training, I'm sure there will be someone willing to discuss it with me. So I went home and let the dogs out, and they played in the back yard for a while. Obi-Wan is getting really rambunctious, while Qui-Gon has a much milder temperament.



Well, the rest of the week was filled in with work and sleep. sometimes at the same time (I fell asleep during a meeting on Tuesday--unfortunately it was a small meeting, and the guy running the meeting noticed, but he wasn't offended. He just teased me about it).



Since I've had the dogs my diet has been a bit out the window. However, I have managed not to gain any weight. I'm sure the additional exercise is helping with that.

No comments: