Monday, June 4, 2007

15 mintues and too much to share...

It's been a while since I've written a 'journalistic' entry. In that time, I've managed to offend a few family members (since I have a blog I seem to feel that they should read it to find out about me), went to a Single Adult conference, had an epiphany, and met a family that might be willing to take my dogs.

So my family makes me crazy, but maybe I'm the one just going crazy because they don't do what I want them to. When they freely admit they don't read my blog because they don't have time then send me a silly 'spam' email I tend to think they're just not interested in my life and times. Why shoudl they be? I'm pretty boring, but I still manage to organize millions of ions about it.

I went to the Liberty SA conference in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, over Memorial Day weekend (instead of Star Wars Celebration IV--I guess my priorities have changed? Or maybe I just had no desire to stand in line all weekend (side joke--Celebration III was "In Line", Celebration IV was "Still in line"). Anyway, I'd been feeling like I lost my testimony of the Single Adult program, and really hoped that this conference would help me get some of that back. (The epiphany was about a week later when I realized it wasn't my testimony of the program that was suffering, it was me having to do all the work for my ward and for the stake. But that's a different story.) I went to the conference with my friend Tess, who wanted to stay an extra day and tour Philadelphia with her friend Nick, which we did. The conference was good--I've been the last three years, and it's always good. I wasn't feeling well so I didn't get what I was hoping for--in fact, I spent almost the whole time wishing I could just go home and lay on my bed. But I managed, and I also manged to get the guy I have a slight crush on to agree to come play piano for us at the Seneca Single Adult Conference so I get to see him again there :) He may think he's too old for me, but I don't think so. I think he's just right. Course, he plays the piano so wonderfully, I think that's where my crush started. Ah, but I digress. Tess and I had official Philly Cheesestakes at the same place where Sylvester Stalone filmed the movie Rocky (Nick told us we should be impressed), and we even went up the steps that he ran up in the movie and jumped in triumph. Yeah, I wasn't too impressed by that either. But there was a cool building nearby that kept changing from white to blue. Impressive, as Darth Vader would say. Oh, but the cheesestakes were everything I'd hoped they would be. YUM!

I picked up my dogs from the place where I had them boarded for the weekend on Wednesday, and they were like different dogs. Friendly and outgoing and basically cheerful. I started feeling bad that I may not be taking good enough care of them if they can go to this place over the weekend and come back so different. I seriously thought about letting the Dog Rescue place take them back to the Farm where they keep most of their dogs, but I did find out that place really isn't a good place for them. They're cared for, but there's almost no human interaction. So I still have them. I took them to an Adoption eveng on Saturday, and there was a family returning from a trip to the pool that met them. The family currently lives in the apartments above where the Adoption event was taking place, but they're having a house built, and have apparently discussed getting dogs. The girls, probably 10 and 8 or so, really loved my boys. They went right upstairs and looked them up online, and the older one started crying because the mom kept saying she had to talk to their dad first (he was away on business). I ran into the mother a little later, which is when I found this out. She was quite taken with them as well, and would like to take both of them. If I can just hold on until they can take them, I think this would be a good family for them.

Ok, I'm out of time so I can't pull out all the minute details and go through them at length, but truthfully I was quite the emotional mess last week, and this week I'm doing much better. Plus I got to hold Felicity's baby on Sunday! Yay! Baby-holding always helps!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I hope you are feeling better Julia! I know how much work you put into your calling! I think you're amazing.

I bet it's hard to give up those cute dogs. I'm sure they will find a good home though.
Don't forget your family loves you!!

Jenni said...

I'm sad you weren't feeling all that great for the conference,but I'm glad you were able to get a yummy cheesesteak! :) I wonder if you had that icky feeling flu bug that seems to be going 'round. I hope that family works out for your doggies, sounds like a nice match.

Corinne said...

I love to read what's on your mind, friend. I want to hear this piano playing crush play the piano! And HEY, my parents live DOWN THE STREET from the Seneca Stake Center. I hope that conference goes well :)

Cami said...

Maybe the doggies were so happy to see you!! There seemed to be something else I wanted to say here, but now I have spaced it. Oh, maybe it was about the family reading the blog thing. I know how you feel sometimes. I call my mom sometimes and make her stay on the phone and read all the blogs she's missed, but then I never read her stories, so I guess it goes both ways. Good luck with everything!