When I lived in Iowa, that first year, we had a thunderstorm every day in the summer. About 3-3:30 pm it would cloud up, storm like there was no tomorrow ("end of the world" type weather), and then clear up and go away within the hour. I loved these storms. The air always smells better after a thunderstorm (and the scientist in me has to mention that it's the ozone created by the lightening that makes the air so fresh). Of course, this is also the best time to look for rainbows. I remember one day I had gone home to make lunch (I lived basically across the street from the building I spent most of my time in), the sky got very dark, it stormed, and then cleared up and the sun was shining again by the time I needed to return to my office in the Van Allen building.

This week in MD the weather has been much the same--cloud up, storm, then clear up. I love this kind of weather. We never had this in California, growing up. We'd get rainstorms, and the occiasional thunderstorm, but there was no regularity to it. So yes, I love thunderstorms. Especially when I can watch them from a window, safe and dry. My poor doggies hate them, though. Too loud!
5 comments:
I, too, have been enjoying the many thunderstorms we've had this week. I love how the sky almost glows right before the rain starts. It's stunning, isn't it?
I was just thinking the other day how we have weather like this in Colorado too! :)
I like it when I'm not driving in it - like I was this evening!! Crazy weather! But it is nice to listen to from the coziness of my living room couch. :)
I love them too! I was out in my car in the thick of it last night and it was very exciting! How I do love huge heavy drops of rain too.
I like it when I know my windows at home are not open :)
Post a Comment