Friday, June 1, 2007

Things that go THUMP!

One day my dogs were learning to go up and down stairs. They were getting pretty good at it, and would practice running up and down. To keep them on the same floor where I was, I shut the door at the top of the basement stairs. When it was time to go upstairs, I went up the stairs to open the door, but Qui-gon rushed ahead of me. Since it's quite dark in that particular stairway, you guessed it, THUMP!!! He turned around and ran downstairs tail between his legs. Took a few minutes (and me laughing all the time) for him to be ready to try THAT again!

Yesterday morning I decided to set up their pen around their crate to give them more room. I tied the pen to the crate, hoping they wouldn't chew through the twine I was using. I went upstairs, thinking to put my lunch together for work, listening to see if they would be ok. A few minutes went by, and then I hear this THUMP!! I go downstairs and both dogs had jumped over the 30-inch high pen, and were running around the downstairs, thinking themselves quite clever.

Dogs. Dogs definitely go THUMP!!

3 comments:

Corinne said...

it's as bad as having a toddler :)

Jenni said...

They have definitely come out of their shells then, hu?! :)

Mendy said...

Good thing your pups are apparently resilient! You can't leave those things alone (and uncrated)for a secong!