I've decided that since our weather really isn't spring, and it really isn't winter, it must be Sprinter! Amid a forcast of possible snow tonight, my daffodils are blooming brightly. My tree didn't bloom, though. I was hoping it would, but maybe the constant back and forth between spring and winter discouraged the blossoms.
I did see a rainbow yesterday, though. I was driving home, the sun was shining, and in the east there was a cloud of darkness, against which a short but broad snippet of rainbow was shown. As we all know, rainbows are symbols of hope, so perhaps this crazy weather will settle down soon.
Work is going ok--I went to Ray last week and told him I needed more work to do, so he gave me some (more writing, oh joy!). I've also been over to the TIMED MOC (again, if I use acronyms or terms you want me to explain, let me know) and they've decided to put me on console (so I can help fly the satellite). This will be fun, and give me something productive to do. I'll get to hang out with Bob, who seems to be the only other person who misses Mike as much as I do (the long-haired creep took a job in Colorado). Although it did occur to me this morning, that before Mike pretty much had control over my destiny here at work, and now it's up to me to control my own destiny. I no longer have the safety net of him looking out for me, but I'm also no longer restricted by his idea of what I should be working on or doing. Hmmph.
Church stuff is going ok too. Had a Single Adult Committee Meeting this week, to which only half of the people who were supposed to come did come. It is on the same day of the month every month, you'd think they could remember... I guess I need to send out reminders. There is a dance tomorrow night I really should go to, as well. Once I get there I know I'll have fun, but getting there can be a challenge...
Personal stuff, I need to go to the doctor today for a follow-up. I had some blood drawn a week ago and the results were not good. Don't worry, I'm not sick. Yet. I need to diet and excersize. Time to get my bike, methinks. And once again go on the South Beach Diet. I had a lot of success with that back in 2003. then life happend and I got sidetracked. And stressed. Didn't help that I somehow ended up with five callings at church. So glad that I'm back to two. Three, with Visiting Teaching. Yikes. No dog yet, but I have been talking to a woman at Good Dog rescue. I guess I'm not being very proactive about that. It's a little scary sometimes, the thought of taking care of another life.
Ok, time to get back to work. Or start work. It is kind of early this morning. I'm leaving early for my dr appt, so I came in early to defray the amout of time I need to take off.
4 comments:
I hear you on Sprinter. Jefferson (and actually, me too) is very frustrated that he doesn't get to wear his sandals anymore. Argh! It sounds like you've been busy and productive! Good luck with your diet--I should probably go back on mine too, but sugar is just so much fun.
My parents saw that rainbow too! Wish I could've seen it. I am still wearing my flip flops, but it does get quite chilly :)
I hope everything went well with the dr. I love the Sprinter name. It is so true, and frankly I'm sick of it. Spring already!
I hope we get to say bye bye to sprinter soon!! :) Good luck with the diet - I have a couple friends who had a lot of success w/ South Beach and I was a big fan of their frozen dinners during my gestational diabetes days. :)
Post a Comment