Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Another holiday...

survived...

A friend from church (Christina) invited me over for dinner after church. I went, and it was fun. Talk talk talk, hold and play with baby, get told some very important things by a two-year-old, what can beat that? I told her I'm a very good guest--I never notice messes, and I love children, no matter what hassle they're giving their parents at dinnertime (their parents seem to mind a lot more than I do). Besides, they're really cute with mashed cookie all over their faces :D

Yesterday was another 'great plans, no action' after I got home from work, but I did get my finances straightened out. I have to sit down at least once a month and balance everything. I hate doing it, I would rather just pretend that I have enough money to do what I want (hey, that line of credit for the bank is SUPPOSED to keep me from being overdrawn! What good is it if I don't use it?). Fortunately, this month, I have my tax refund(s) to keep me balanced. Sigh. I really wanted to buy something fun, though. Maybe I will anyway. I don't *really* need to save 1/3 of the refund, do I? Much more fun to spend it. (...must... not.. give in.. to the inner... Shopping Monster...)

Sent in an application to adopt a dog or two, so maybe I'll have pictures of my 'kids' to share soon. Sometimes I feel a little like 'one of these things is not like the other one,' reading my friends blogs, but I'm so grateful to be included I really can't complain. And I'm NOT STOPPING!! Especially since almost every week someone else gives in to the Blog Side and joins us! :D

Happy blogging!

7 comments:

Mendy said...

I'm thrilled you had a good Easter with Christina. I never knew you had to put in papers to apply to adopt a dog. That's more than I had to do to get my kids! Hope you get a canine child or two soon!

Jann said...

Julia, you are wonderful, and I'm glad you are blogging. Differences is what makes this world so interesting. I love reading about you, and getting to know you better. I do not think I have ever seen you without a smile on your face. I really admire that about you, and am striving to have that quality.

I have one of those inner shopping monsters too!

Corinne said...

Please do NOT stop blogging. I love to read what's on your mind and I agree with Jann that reading something different is always interesting. You are my friend :)

Jenni said...

I love your blog Julia!! I'm glad you had a good Easter! On the finances note, I used to be so good about balancing almost daily and lately I've let it slide. Pretend money and balances are much funner - no?!! :)

Brenda said...

Julia! We had a great time with you guys the other night at FHE. It's always fun to have the singles. As far as blogging, I think you should definitely stick to it. I miss talking to you since we have been separated as VT comps. It's fun to hear how you are doing again!!

Cami said...

Please give in to the shopping monster. I will feel so much better about myself this month and my shopping spree loosely based on my birthday. Love your posts! I bet you're a hit with those kids.

Jann said...

Julia, I was called today from the adoption agency. So, it shouldn't be too much longer before you have your dog.