A new diet...
I'm officially on my diet now, the South Beach Diet, Phase 1, Day 2. I did have a little fall last night (that could have been avoided if I hadn't stayed up to watch The Riches), but overall I'm doing good. So far. And fortunately I signed up to host for our upcoming ward activity, so I'm in charge of what gets served. It will all be renamed something Star-Wars-ish, but basically we're having Day 5 on the South Beach Diet *eg* I may have someone bring rolls for everyone else, though, so they don't think the meal is too unbalanced. But the food is all very yummy, so I don't thinnk they will complain. And I have to make ryshcate, a Corellian delicacy, like a chocolate cake only with a gingerbread mixed in. So yummy. I won't be able to have more than three bites, but that should be ok.
Oh, on another note, I will be going to meet some dogs this weekend, to see if they and I will get along. A pair of beagle twins that are very sad, which will promptly be named Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon if they decide to come home with me (although I don't think I'll be allowed to take them home just yet--I haven't had my home visit yet). They have checked my references, though (thanks, Jann!). If we decide that we're a match, I can start getting crates and doggy treats and signing up for obedience school and stuff like that. My home teacher leant me his 'Dog Whisperer' series and the book "Ceaser's Way" so I can learn more about how to treat my dogs. I get to be the leader of the pack! That will be so fun! They'll still run circles around me, though, I just know it!
3 comments:
I hope your Star Wars dinner goes well!! :) That Corellian delicacy sounds yummy!! Good luck with the beagle meeting this weekend!! :)
Can't wait to hear how it goes with the dogs!
You are very welcome. I hope everything goes well and you have your dogs soon.
Post a Comment