And Mod 1 (the building where I work) is a ghost town. Maybe 6 people came in to work today. I'm ok with that, though. I'll go bother Dina later, and maybe take off early to go see a movie.
Haven't really done a true update for a little while, so thought I'd take a moment and do that. Last weekend was General Conference and I was really mad at Comcast and my computer. I finally was able to get conference on audio from the lds.org site, but I would much rather have watched it. Especially the Saturday Afternoon session (I might have to go watch that from the archives). I'm thinking I need to get either Dish network or Fios when it becomes available in my neighborhood. Or maybe I just need to dress up and go to the Stake Center. I got spoiled in Utah, when I was going to school there, because I could hang out on the couch with my roomies and listen. Ok, anger management moment over, I really enjoyed conference, and now have two goals to work on for the next six months.
Monday night the Single Adults went over the Whipples for FHE, which was so much fun. Their girls are so cute, and so fun to play with. I had Teralyn in Nursery several years ago, and Shaylee (sp?) when I would sub in Nursery. I guess I need to do that again now that Ashtyn is in there :) We learned the 4th Article of Faith and then played animal charades. Kathy Clark was with me, and she said, on the way home, that she'd been thinking about relearning the aritcles of faith, so this was a good motivator for her. Me, I just like playing with the kids :D
Tuesday night was the Stake Single Adult committee meeting. Since I'm the co-chair, I try to bring flyers of the upcoming activites, and give a report on the ones held the previous month. One sweet sister, the rep from another ward, tends to go on and on and on, but fortunately didn't take offense when I finally told her "thank you, you've made your point." It's hard to know how to interrupt people, but sometimes it must be done or the meeting will last forever. And nothing important will be resolved. :::sigh::: After the meeting my leaders asked me to stay for a bit and we talked about what they could do to help me. I really need a partner. I also mentioned my trouble with actually doing anything once I get home from work. I tend to lay on the couch for hours on end, doing nothing at all. Maybe eating. Not healthy. So one of them encouraged me to get off the couch and do something, and the other one suggested I go to the doctor to rule out anything physical. I've been like this for quite some time now--I always think that it's just been 'lately', but it's been a few years.
Wednesday, no surprise, I lay on the couch all evening--well, ok, I was taking a nap, that's a little more productive, but I HAD to stay up to watch Medium, because it's on the same time as Lost. Or I really would have gone to bed earlier. Another part of my problem is going to bed on time. This week my sleep schedule has been so wacky I haven't been able to GO to sleep once I lay down. :::sigh::: I'm going to get Tivo, though. I want the capabillity to record two shows at once so I can watch the shows I like and not feel like I HAVE to be home or I'll miss something.
Thursday my friend Angela came over and helped me get started on my Family History work, something I've been meaning to do for a really long time. She gave me things I can do (download PAF and import data from the Family History site), and hope that all is not lost. Or done. Being 5th generation LDS, most of the work that can be done, has been done. So I guess I can go through and check for sure. And call my Uncle Bill who knows just about everything about my Dad's family. After the training session, we went off to Book Club together where we had a great discussion about "What is the What" by Dave Eggers. Very good book, about the Lost Boys from Sudan. I highly recommend it. And you know what, once I got home I went right to bed, before 11:00pm (first time in a week) and went (almost) right to sleep. Sadly, this being Friday, I may stay up late again. Because I can sleep in tomorrow. I love to stay up late and sleep in. I need to get up early and go to bed early.
Work is going ok, I'm once again almost out of things to do--the two documents I'm writing I need to wait on for a while--they're not 'due' until October now, and I really need to wait for higher level documents to be worked out before I can consider mine 'done'. So I have to ask for more to do. Or maybe try to remember other things that have been suggested. I was supposed to go learn operations at STEREO, maybe I should do that...
I've started submitting applications to different rescues for a dog; I haven't heard anything back yet, though. I'll keep you posted about the dog adoption effort. I was going to put in my garden tomorrow, but it's so cold outside! I don't know, maybe we can at least get the bed prepared. That would be something.
Easter Sunday will be quiet--I'll make a nice Easter meal for myself and break out my copy of The Ten Commandments. I really have got to start inviting people over for dinner. It feels really lame to prepare a nice holiday meal for one person.
Lest I end on a sorrowful note, let me just say how grateful I am for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Through the Atonement all sorrows are swallowed up and turned into joy. I don't pretend to know even a small percentage of how this great sacrifice, and great gift, works, but I do hope that I can somehow be worthy of it. I have a testimony of Jesus Christ, that He lived, that He died for us, taking upon himself the sins and sorrows of the world, and (this is the best part) that He LIVES again, body and spirit joined together to make a perfect being. By following his example and keeping his commandments, we can be like Him. This is my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Happy Easter to all of you!
3 comments:
Very nice update. I often lie on the couch myself. Yesterday, actually, even though I came home at 11:45 from book club, I stayed up and blogged and read and just enjoyed the quiet til 12:45 when I woke up my sick husband and told him to go to the real bed (not the couch) and then tried to get my sicky Ethan to go to sleep. Back to the grindstone. I've noticed that when I have a moment alone, I tend to waste it resting, rather than getting anything done. I always think I have mono, but I'm sure I'm just lazy.
Our Easter will probably be quiet too. We had family coming over, but now everyone is sick. It's also my birthday that day. Lame day for all, eh? We'll all have to have some quiet contemplation about the Savior. That will be nice.
I'm sorry you're not able to fall asleep when you want to - that's the worst!! Its a struggle I share and it does lead to serious fatigue. No fun.
On another note - book club was great and I loved your thoughts on the book Julia!! Happy Easter to you too!
I liked the book too. I wish I could've come met with you all and chatted. I liked your update. Glad you are starting to work on your family history!!
Post a Comment