Been a busy couple of months. Danja's Wedding went very well (pictures are on facebook, friend me if you're not a friend already). I managed to spend a lot more time with my brother B and his wife than with their kids this time, and I actually slept quite a bit. It was really nice. Family reunion squeezed into the wedding time, well, ok, right after we finished decorating the cultural hall at the local stake center we--Dad, me, my brothers and sisters and interested spouses--sat in a circle and conducted family business. The most important part, to me, is that the reunion in 2013 will be in Maryland!!! YAY!!! It will be so fun for me to have my family come!
Meanwhile, at work we've held a Mission Simulation, simulating Commissioning activities for the instrument teams. It went very well. Enough problems so that we were sure we were on the right track, but nothing major or show-stopping. Plus we got lunch brought in for three days, which is always fun (if not so good for my diet).
Church, well, is what it is. Summertime in Nursery with people taking vacations, you'd think there'd be less kids, but no, it's the adults we're short of this year.
Rehearsals for Rumors are going well. We all need to work on our lines more, but I suppose that's natural. Performances are August 12, 13, and 20 at 8:00pm (I think that's the right time), and 21st at 2:00pm (yes, I'll have to miss church again that day, but I can go to the earlier ward so that works out ok). Oh, and this one is not for kids. It's adult humor, and there's some language in it. For those in the area who might want to come :) I'll send out an email with the flyer when it's ready.
Other than that, I have been SICK. head cold, mostly, moving south into my lungs. Was doing better but last night two coughing fits and a cat that couldn't sleep makes today a lot harder. Sigh.
But at least now I'm caught up, right? So here's a parting thought: Focus on the positive. This brings better results than focusing on the negative, or even not focusing at all (according to a study published in the NY Times--still looking for the link for that, though). I will be better soon. And I did loose 2 lbs this week :)
1 comment:
Here's hoping that we will be able to fly out.
Post a Comment