Monday, May 2, 2011

More success and a Happy Easter

Well, my sister (from the last post) replied that I'd given her a lot to think about, so I think we're not actually fighting. So that's good. And I lost 2.2 lbs!! I weighed in today, after being gone last week (more on that later), and I'd lost 2.2 lbs in 2 weeks!! So even after visiting my sister and then coming home with strep throat and being home for 4 days straight (almost), eating ice cream, pasta with cheesy sauces, and drinking lots of juice, I still lost 2.2 pounds. Yay me!!!



OK, so last weekend I went to Utah to visit my sister B and her family for Easter. We were hopeful that she'd be at least moving into her new house, but that didn't happen, so we just hung out in Logan. I got to play with the kids, and B and I went out for lunch on Saturday (and more Aggie Ice Cream--yum! It will be a while before Ben and Jerry's tempts me again).


I also got to spend time with my newests nice, Sophia (shown here with older sister Malena). She's so cute, if a bit on the crabby side ;) She finally decided to eat solid foods while I was there--we think she didn't like the cereals because they were so bland. She loves carrots and sweet potatoes--and chocolate ice cream (of course!).


Bonnie, the oldest, had a project on Friday involving a beehive that she'd made herself out of yellow cake using Peeps to make bees. It was very cute.





















And then, of course, we went to church on Sunday.


We then went down to Ogden for the Easter Egg hunt with the Hales cousins, which went very well. The weather was really nice that day too. The whole time it was fairly cold--highs in the 40's, sometimes making it up to the 50's. Then when I came back to Maryland I walked out of the airport into 80 degree weather (at night!). Man, from the freezer into the fire! It's a little better now, having cooled way back down again. This spring has been so crazy, two really nice days, some storms, then several really cold days again. Slowly it's been getting warmer, but Winter doesn't seem to want to let go.


Speaking of letting go, today is a day of bittersweet celebration. Osama bin Lauden, architect of the 9-11 World Trade Center plane-crashing Pentagon smashing horrific beginning to a war on terror that has been going on since 2001 is dead. Killed last night in a shoot-out by Navy Seals. I don't think anyone on Earth is capable of judging him fairly, so it's just as well that he resisted (apparently trying to use one of his wives as a sheild) and got himself shot in the head. Only God--Allah, Yaweh, Heavenly Father, whatever you believe in (or not) is capable of judging him. It's best left in His hands. Now I just want our troops to come home. May they be able to come home soon.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

You've been busy but I'm sad you were sick. I would have come and visited you. Congratulations on the weight loss. That truly is a huge deal and I'm cheering loudly and raucously for you, friend. Keep up the awesome work.