Thursday, May 19, 2011

May flowers

Ok, I have to confess, I liked the pictures of my nieces so much I wasn't really inclined to write anything. Aren't they cute??

So. I went to VA two weekends in a row and made $21. My friends and I went to a meeting of the DC Star Wars Collector's Club in order to try to unload some of our stuff the first week, and then did a joint yard sale in one friends' yard the following week. I then took a box of books that didn't sell to my local second-hand book store and got $30 in store credit. Hmmm. Somehow I'm not sure it was that much of a success. I did leave a lot of junk at my friend's house as the Purple Heart foundation was coming by yesterday to pick up junk, and only kept the stuff I thought I could either sell online or would just keep.

Of course we did so see Thor after the yard sale. I quite enjoyed that movie. I may have to see it again, this time in 3D. Chris what's-his-name is sooo pleasant to look at. Sorry, words fail me. Cute isn't right, and while handsome is in the right ballpark, he's just so much more than that. Must be the long hair ;)

Meanwhile I'm just trying to keep my eating in control. I saw a picture of me--part of a training class I'm taking recorded us giving presentations--and for some reason I don't think of myself as being *that* fat, but turns out I really am. And I look a lot like my sister Dustie. That was the first thing I noticed. Weird, huh? That I wouldn't really recognize that until I see me on dvd? As myself? With the same mannerisms, smile, and expressions that Dustie uses? I think it's weird.

No comments: