Monday, April 18, 2011

Success and Failure

Well, after a week where I didn't quite know what to do with myself--no rehearsals, no evening activities scheduled, a cancelled Saturday activity due to rain--I still managed to lose one pound! Yay me! I win! This is actually a 'new' pound, too! I've been losing/gaining/losing the same 3-5 pounds for the last two years, but this pound is a new one. You know, following the WW program actually works! APL is having their GetActive program right now, too. I need to get 107 minutes of exercise in each week. And before you freak out, that's only 20 minues a day for 5 days and 7 minutes a 6th day. Easy peasy. Bob will help me (I have two Bob Harper DVD's--one even has a 20 minute 'beginners' workout).

The play I was in, "The Mouse that Roared" went very, very well. We're supposed to be getting DVD's of the two performances, so that will be fun. Everyone loved the costumes. All I did, mostly, was organize them, but I did make a few things, like the Duchess's dress. LIke this, only in yellow and gold.I love doing costumes. That's probably all I'll do for the next one, though, since it will be in the summer and we're having a Mission Simulation around that time.


My failure is, I think I'm having a fight with my sister. Which one, you ask? that's confidential, but she doesn't live in this state (course, none of them do). I'm not even really sure because it's hard to have a fight via email. Days go between the emails and you're just never sure what the other person is thinking until you get the email and a dreadful pit-feeling in your stomach. Then, in my case, I skim it to see if it's really as bad as I think, and if it is, sometimes I just delete it. She's mad at me because of an email I sent out to my family last week. Apparently an initial email with a request in it only went to some of them, but not all of them, and since I happen not to trust the two people who emailed me back that they didn't get the information, I just figured they deleted the email because it was sent from me. Or ignored it for the same reason. So my second email was a bit trying to guilt them, but the third one was really a "if you couldn't be bothered to read it the first time here it is again." In all three of her replies my sister went on and on and on about how I need to take responsibility stop being so childish and blah blah blah. Yeah, she's one of the ones I don't trust. Guess why. Then it occured to me that we're in the middle of a Crucial Conversation. Yup, the class I took last November.

You'd think I'd learn, right? I listen to the CD's, I read the book a few bits every week, and yet here I am in a CC with a sister that I'm convinced dislikes me. So I deleted her last email and sent out a new one full of the language I learned in my class. She'll probably think I'm preaching to her and send me another nasty-gram. She's never wrong, you know. And here I am doing it again, villainizing her. I'm the victim, you know. Helpless before her wrath. All I can do is hope to avoid it. (That was sarcasm directed at myself)


You know, people ask me all the time if I enjoy being part of a big family. I tell you, it has upsides and downsides. Yeah, there's always someone there--to play with, to be friends with, or to pick on you. Or ignore you. Or treat you like you're a guilting, conniving little brat that will never change. However, there are also people like three of my older brothers and my two younger sisters that I get along with just fine. Course, my goal is to get along with all of them just fine (there's 9 of us). That's kind of a tall order, particularly when I can only control my side of it. So, that's my failure. I went overboard while I was tired, still recovering from the trip and the play, and now I have a sister who's mad at me. I guess I have to wait to see if she replies to my email of attempted reconcilliation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, this gave me a big fat sad face. I am sorry that you are in a maybe fight with one of your sisters. If it makes you feel any better, neither one of my sisters will talk to me for a reason that I don't even know. Ugh. Stupid sisters.

Kellie said...

Oh, I can so relate to this. I'm glad from reading a later post that things are okay. I miss you.