Parties and shows and movies and so much yummy things to eat! But that's not what Christmas is all about. Lest we forget, it's about the wondrous Gift given almost 2000 years ago by Heavenly Father to us and then from Christ to us as he gave himself a ransom for our sins (ok, I am actually borrowing phrases from hymns, so sue me).
I was reminded of this last Sunday night as I went to the Christmas Devotional at the stake center. I normally just stay home and miss it, but this year I'd leant three of my nativities to the annual display, and needed to pick them up, so I went to the broadcast (something my church does every year the first Sunday in December). I sat and knit (I have to knit, my presents aren't finished yet!) and listened and was reminded of what's truly important.
I had a nice Thanksgiving at my friend Kellie's house. We were joined by another family, so the table was full, and the food was very yummy. Kellie and I then went to visit another friend, afterwards returning to watch an episode of LOST. Always a good time.
The next day I braved the stores, but not until about 9:00am, and hit a nice lull--the lines were actually fairly short, and the stores weren't crowded. I got all the fabric I should need for the next year for baby blankets, and even did some other shopping. Then home to put things away and cuddle with my kitty.
Kitty's been very nice lately (ok, not this morning, but that was my fault). I think she's trying to show me that she's the 'good' cat. Ani, on the other hand, is still hiding behind the futon in the basement. I bought him a nice fluffy pad that should help him keep warm, but it also has the effect that I can't see him when he's on it. In a day or two I'm going to switch it with the one I bought Kitty--identical pads (actually, two in one box), so maybe they can start getting used to one another's smell. Ani still seems quite timid, but does seem like he's adjusted to his new situation. I just need Ani and Kitty to not fight--even if they ignore each other, that would be ok too.
Went to see HP7 pt1 that weekend as well--I really liked it. My main frustration with the whole movie series is that they left out a couple of key things in the previous 2-3 movies that would have made the beginning of this movie make a lot more sense. I'm still mad they didn't include Dobby in Goblet of Fire, but oh well. I suppose I shall have to just deal with it. He's back in this movie, finally. they still skip over too many things, expecting people to have read the book, I imagine, but that's ok.
The last week has been rather tame as I have been busy at work trying to finish up a document. It's done now, thankfully. Got lots to do still at home to finish getting ready for Christmas. And I have no idea what to put in my annual Christmas letter!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment