I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Not that I've ever seen such a thing, but my mother assured me that such a thing does happen.
Last week it felt like I had something going on every single night. It went something like this:
Monday: go shopping (flaked out--whoops)
Tuesday: really go shopping (major shopping trip to BJ's to stock up for the winter, as well as a side trip to Hobby Lobby because I'm so excited we have one in my area now). had to go directly after work to avoid the problem I had on Monday. Also had to stop after work at the American Radiology place for X-rays. I sat there for 30 minutes watching everyone who came in after me get called up. I finally practically ran up to the counter and they agreed to talk to me, but when I showed them my doctor's orders they said they didn't do that particular scan at that office, I'd have to go to Glen Burnie. Which would be closing in 5 minutes. Couldn't they have told me that earlier? When there was a chance I could make it to the Glen Burnie office that day? sigh.
Wednesday: really go get my scan taken (btw, nothing serious, just a check to see how much shorter my left leg is than my right) in Glen Burnie. Go pick up veggies from friend. Stop by baby shower.
Thursday: participate in Oktoberfest at work (the games part, and dinner), then go to LDS temple with friends (visiting teachers).
Friday: go to grocery store, then go out to New Market to see my former-roommate-now-friend Lisa and her fiance for dinner and movie at their house (he's actually staying somewhere else, but they get together every night at the house that they're buying--trust me, it's 'lds-legal').
Saturday: I did get to sleep in and veg, but then went to VA for dinner with friends and out to Cox Farms for their Fields of Fear. That was really fun. I don't like being scared, but we had a couple of screamers/teenagers in our group that set off all the scarey/surprise stuff before we got there. We did the Corn maze, the hay ride, a slide, and had too-hot spiced apple cider (my tounge is finally recovered from the burn, but it was worth it!).
Sunday: get up early and go to church for Choir Practice. Choir sang in church that day, then went to Nursery to find only one other person there to assist. We had a couple volunteers come in, including our sub while one of our other workers is gone for work, so it ended up ok, but three adults and 12 kids is really not fair odds. Especially with one little girl who just would not go play on her own, she had to be with one of us the entire time. So I did go home and crash and then stay up too late. Sigh.
So needless to say, I'm kind of tired (read: Exhausted) today.
On the cat front, Kitty was nice to me yesterday, but Saturday night she was less than thrilled that I came home and just wanted to go upstairs. I have the scars on my leg to prove it. Which really itches like crazy right now (that means it's healing, right?). Ani, on the other hand, has been responding to my bringing him food, and even played with me a little yesterday evening. I'm hoping he'll come out from behind the couch sometime this week. I'm going to try to encourage that.
This week should be LOT more calm. Only two planned evening activites: Medieval Times on Wednesday and our church Trunk or Treat on Friday. Should be fun!
1 comment:
I have been crazy busy too. Including nursery. :) I subbed for the last 2 Sundays. It was me just me for a little while then had a helper. Those kids wear me out!!
Stop trying to fight your cats :)
Post a Comment