Monday, October 18, 2010

A little excitement

We're conducting fire drills at work today. So this annoyingly loud, piercing noise goes off, complete with flashing lights, and we get to go down the stairs from the fifth floor, ready to head out of the building. We actually get stopped on the second floor by a fireman who told us we didn't have to go *all* the way outside unless the whole building was on fire (the drill was just for our floor). So we waited for a few minutes for them to give the all clear, and then we were climbing back up the stairs (72 steps) back up to our offices. I'm awake now, thank you very much!

My cat Kitty was very good last night. She stayed with me all night and didn't attack me once! I had such a headache (which I still have but can't feel at the moment thanks to the Excedrin I took this morning) that I kept waking up, and there she was, laying beside me all night long. OK, well, once I woke up and she was on the window sill making sure the neighborhood was still safe, or maybe just being nosy, but the rest of the night she was right there. She didn't attack me once! Unfortunately, this morning, little Ani decided to come upstairs. I heard the alterctaion and ran to stop it, so I'm hoping there was no physical contact, just the roar of an angry cat. I've blocked Kitty upstairs while I'm gone today--I want Ani to be able to come upstairs without fear, or at least when I'm around and can keep Kitty from fighting him. I have to do something to get her used to him, I think he's ok with her, but I can't be sure.

I did good with my addictions yesterday too. Only watched 2 shows, ate dinner while watching but then stopped eating. Didn't spend the time playing Tetris while watching either. I've been doing that a lot lately. If I'm not going to watch tv, I shouldn't turn it on, right? Silly Julia.

by now, time to get back to work!

No comments: