Monday, October 4, 2010

four-two-four

Four days off to go to CA, two days at work, and then another four days at home... being sick. Yuck. Pretty sure I caught it on the plane coming home. Well, if you have to be sick, Conference weekend is probably the weekend to do it, I think. I had nothing else planned, and since I'd already set up the dvr to record conference, I didn't feel too bad when I slept through part of it. The cat was happy I was home. Well, one of them. I'm afraid it's going to take Ani a while to get used to me again.

The one talk that really made an impression was the one on additctions. This may be a little TMI. I'm not addicted to drugs or alcohol or pornography, no, I'm addicted to ordinary things. Food. Solitaire games on the computer. TV shows. I have got to work on these things.

The good news is, my tv schedule for this new fall season is fairly reasonable. except for the ones that are all on at the same time.

Monday I record: House, Chuck, Mike&Molly, Castle, and Hawaii 5-0. So far, loving all of them. I plan on watching Dancing with the Stars on my other tv upstairs but that hasn't happened just yet.

Tuesday I record: No Ordinary Family, NCIS, Lie to Me, Raising Hope, The Good Wife. I may watch Glee upstairs as well, but I'm not sure about that. Glee has some good moments, but every time I watch it there's some really horridly suggestive routine going on and I just can't handle it.

Wednesday I record: Undercovers and The Defenders. Yup, that's right, only two shows. Amazing, isn't it?

Thursday I record: The Mentalist. yeah, one show. It's on at 10:00pm, though, so I really shouldn't stay up to watch it.

Friday I record: Medium, Human Target, and Blue Bloods. I know, I could even watch two of these in real time. Although I prefer recording because then I can race through the commercials.

Saturday and Sunday: nada. That's right, nothing to record. Which means I can catch up all the shows I haven't had a chance to watch, or, gasp, go do something else. Can you imagine??

For the food addiction I'm doing weight watchers (yes, I CAN eat that, I just have to watch my portion sizes). For the solitaire, I don't know, I may have to cut off my fingers or something.

Ok, time for more cold medication now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm, where's BOnes on that list? It's the best show ever! I am glad you are getting better :)

Jann said...

I hope you had fun on your trip, and that you are feeling better.

Cami said...

But WHY do something else when there is TV to be had, eh?? I'm probably addicted too.

I agree about Glee. Jake and I were so excited about it to begin with, quit soon after, and ever since we've wondered if we should try to get back into it, but every time we watch, it is HORRIBLE! I'm not saying no one should watch it--I certainly have my guilty pleasure shows--but I'm just glad I quit when I did, or I'd probably keep watching it despite its grossness.

Sorry you have been sick. It's really no fun.

Tracy said...

We love Hawaii 5-0. I wanted to start watching the Defenders, but never did. Love Medium!
I'm still with Glee -- it does have its rough moments though that make me cringe.
Love your lists!