Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Combratt

Hmm, what is combratt? Sounds like fighting siblings to me ;)

so it's been a little while. I had one crazy week (I think I blogged about that), then a week or so of down-time. And being sick again.

I did, however, manage to see MegaMind with my friends last Saturday. So FUN! course, one of my friends hates 3D so I'm going to have to go back and see it again, so terrible. Definitely putting this on my list of DVD's to get when it comes out.

Ani and I seem to be going back and forth--some days we have progress, some days we don't. He hasn't been eating the last couple of days, but last week was a little traumatic with my cleaning lady and then my friends coming over to meet him. But it's going to be ok. Kitty, on the other hand, was very sweet to me while I was sick. Of course, now that I'm going back to work (and no longer at her beck and call--or is that bite and meow?), she's getting a little temperamental again.

Halloween was very fun--the Trunk or Treat at the church was great (and yes, the same family won the costume contest yet again--do the judges even look at the other costumes anymore? There were some really good ones that I felt should at least be acknowledged (two words: Bee Family)). I got rid of all my candy there. Halloween was on Sunday this year, but that doesn't make a big impact on me--I just stay home and hand out candy anyway. I got rid of all my candy there too. I even pulled out the small bag I'd put in the freezer for myself--I don't need that stuff. And I made cupcakes for the Nursery kids--they love that :D I do too, actually :)

Nothing major expected this week, thank goodness.

On the weight-loss front, I am making progress. I now have an exercise ball with dvd that I actually used last night (the first night I had it). It came with a 10-week exercise planner, too. I'm thinking 15 lbs in 10 weeks, and significant shrinkage in the tummy area. It annoys me to no end that the clothes I had last time I was at this weight I can't fit into now because all that re-gained weight ended up right on my tummy. :( Yes, I know the next 10 weeks includes both Thanksgiving and Christmas, but since I won't be going anywhere (i.e. to visit family) for either, I'm thinking I can be reasonable while at home and watch my portion sizes while out. The main goal is to be 30 lbs less by next June, because next June I'm going to CHINA.

Yes, that's right, I'm going to CHINA. For one of those ad-hoc choir tour things that I did three years ago and went to Austria and Germany. Same person organizing it--not the same company but that's ok. She's the one that did all the work. I'm so excited!!! And yes, that is another reason I'm not going anywhere for the next six months. I might even get my house and yard straightened out :)

Unless, of course, some Major Family Event happens. Exceptions can be made for marriages and possible mission farewells (though the next one probably won't be until after I get back from China, and will most likely be in the fall). And of course the Family Reunion (which is also next June--I hope the two don't conflict!)

2 comments:

Jeri said...

China! That is exciting news. It's good to hear you got rid of all that candy! I have TONS of it, because we didn't get rid of all of it Halloween night, and my kids brought home so much. Where am I supposed to store that much candy? (Not in my children- that's for sure!)

Cami said...

China! So exciting! I hope your exercise ball works out, and your plan sounds completely reasonable. It's ALWAYS great to have a specific goal to work toward.