not a bad day so far, managed to get up and get to work only 15 minutes later than I wanted to. I still have the Verizon DVR in my trunk that I need to send back to Verizon, so I'll do that this evening. Plus my three packages are ready to mail--one for my sister's birthday that was in July (oops), and two for my missionary nieces (missed their birthdays too--double oops).
Beckie and Dustie stopped on their way back from PA on Wednesday night. That was very fun again. The kids weren't quite so wiped out this time, so we were able to watch the end of their movie before they went to bed. They left the next morning after lots of hugs and kisses. I'll be taking Erick down there in a few weeks, so we'll see each other again soon.
Thursday I managed to *finally* go rock climbing again after several starts and stops (my own fault). I even managed to break my last personal climbing record. Almost made it to the top, but my arms were tired. If you haven't been rock climbing, you have no idea what that means, seriously. You try hanging on to the side of a wall with your arms sometime. Yes, you're supposed to use your legs too, but everything gets used.
Friday night was way fun. Took the sister missionaries out to eat--they requested chinese food so I took them to Hunan Manor, my personal favorite. They loved it. We each got different things and tried them all. After dropping them off it was time for Game Night at Jann's. That was way fun. Harry Potter Clue, do I need to say more? Maybe not, but I certainly want to go get my own edition. Then we played scruples, which was also very fun. The things you learn about people!
Saturday I did indeed start on my office--I'd set aside the whole day to work on it. Well, I actually watched tv for about 5 hours first, so I decided I wouldn't get my reward of going to the movies, but I did manage to clear out one side of the room and almost a whole shelf of books. I'm getting rid of some, but I'm also taking more of my college books to work where I might actually use them. I have two whole shelves of books I haven't read yet. I think I'm embarassed.
Sunday was nice, had the SA potluck that night. Somehow Tess and I ended up at the 'old persons' table. Which really wasn't fair since we sat down at that table first. They didn't go in to their various medical problems, though, so at least we were able to eat. And the food was all very good.
Ok, time to get back to work. For those who want to know what I think about movies I've seen, *cough*Cami*cough* please check the right-hand side of my blog for "Recently Seen Movies and/or DVD's" It's been there quite a while, and that's where I put short reviews of what I've seen. So if I mention a movie but not whether I liked it, just check there.
3 comments:
Clue plus Harry sounds like a totally awesome game night!!
I know what you mean about the rock climbing. SERIOUS sport. I think it's way fun though. Way to go!
And, uh, thanks for that tip about the right hand side of the blog! I don't browse sidebars much these days . . .
That's great you rock climb! I didn't know you did that. I don't think I have enough arm strength to even think about doing that. Good job!
Post a Comment