Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Had a nice weekend. Saturday went to see GI Joe with my friend, then met up with my other friend for another DVD of LOST. Sunday got my finances organized and bills ready to pay. Went to church and ran nursery--I was the only regular nursery worker there, so I got to set everything up and take everything down. It went well, but it made me remember the days I used to be in nursery, about 5 years ago, when I would come home exhausted from entertaining small children for two hours. The subs helped, but I still got to run the show. It was fun, and they were cute, don't get me wrong, but it made me appreciate just how smoothly Janet has nursery running these days. We all kind of take turns, so no one seems to get overwhelmed. Kind of nice.

Spent yesterday texting my sisters as I knew they were on their way. They left at 10:00am, and I figured they'd be very, very late, but they arrived at 7:00pm, just as predicted. I was amazed. And dinner wasn't quite ready. But it was shortly after they showed up, so no worries.

So Collin, the 4-year-old, runs in the door an immediately starts chasing my cat. I had to take him by the hands, look him in the face, and tell him, "Do NOT chase the cat." repeated three times. He got it, but was still a little overanxious. I let Kitty outside, and she didn't come back in until all was quiet inside (i.e. the kids had gone to bed (note I did not say, "asleep")). Bonnie, the 9-year-old, ended up on the couch in the living room, and Kitty even paid her a few visits in the night time--after I had kicked her out, but out of courtesy to my guests I didn't close my door on her, just shooed her away. She was ok with that. Kitty, I mean. Bonnie was thrilled that Kitty would condescend to sleep with her. On her. Whatever. JackJack was barely awake while he was there, so no worries from him, but Malena was on a tear. I'm thinking that girl has had ENOUGH traveling for this year (they've essentially been on the road for two months). Apparently she kept telling her mom to let her off at the next exit, she didn't want to be in the car anymore. I'm thinking I should probably count children tomorrow night when they come back to make sure Beckie still has four... (jk)

Projects to do tonight, or rather I need to go to JoAnns to get supplies for my projects. I've been putting off this trip for about a week now, for some reason. Doesn't help that the store closes at 9:00pm and I get my second wind about 8:00pm. Oh well. I'll go, it'll be done, and then I can finally send Kathy her birthday present. It's only 6 weeks late...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't need anything from Joann's! Just look in your office -I'm sure you have anything you need in there. :) j/k

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have your hands full! I am really sad that you live so far away, I could learn so much from you. I want to be a better sewer and quilter, but you just live TOO far away!!

The Spiveys said...

We saw GI Joe too! Didn't love it but it was better than I thought it would be. Definitely left it open for a sequel.

Jann said...

Sounds like you are busy with good things. It was fun to see you on Saturday.

Cami said...

Well, you didn't say if you LIKED GI Joe. I'd like to know.