So Saturday I was having a marathon laundry day (just got my new washer after doing without and borrowing my visiting teachers' washer for about 3 weeks), so was watching (what else?) Combat! One of the Special Features was a radio interview Rick Jason had done back in the early 2000's. Who is Rick Jason, you ask? Yeah, that's him. Lt. Hanley. He has green eyes and dark hair and is, as one of the fanfic writers I've been reading states, absolutely yummy.
So, back to the interview. During the show several people called in, most of them women. He called all the women, 'Sweetheart,' and melted my heart each time he did it. There's just something about how he said it, with love and respect--and it was just so gentlemanly and sweet. At one point he was saying something to his wife, and he called her 'Sweetheart' too. See, Rick was an actor in the Golden Age of Hollywood. For movies he did mostly stinkers (his word, not mine), but he did have a good, 5-year run on Combat! Before that he was in a little known tv show playing a detective, and was the first detective to use martial arts on TV. He was referred to by the interviewer of the radio program as a Renaissance Man, being educated, well-spoken, with many interests. He just melted my heart, to hear him speak. And to hear him call the women, 'Sweetheart.'In thinking about this the last couple days, I realized that my Dad does that--calls me Sweetheart. He called my mom that, too. Maybe it's a generational thing, since Dad and Rick Jason are of similar age (Rick is a bit older). I absolutely love it. So now I have something to add to my list of things I want to be called should I ever find someone to spend eternity with. I want him to call me Sweetheart. Although truthfully, the thing my dad called my mom that I liked the most was, "Light of my Life."
4 comments:
Very sweet. It is a rather tender term of endearment.
So sweet. I love the "light of my life" saying. That is very romantic.
I love this post! :)
It is so fun to watch those old shows, isn't it? Times have certainly changed!
Very sweet! It must be a generational thing because my Dad calls me sweetheart too and doll and I love it!
Post a Comment