Ok, so I know I've been watching a lot of TV lately. And by a lot, I mean, on the days I don't have to go anywhere after work I sit down to my dinner in front of the tv and get up about 4-5 hours later. Usually I watch stuff I've recorded over the past week, stuff that I missed because I was gone or it was on too late, but lately it's been Combat! I bought the first two seasons on DVD, and for some reason that's all I want to watch right now. I thought my cat was ok with this--she tends to snuggle with me when I watch tv, and looks like she's actually watching the explosions and the little men running around like they're nuts. The other night, though, maybe it just got to be too much.

I lay down to watch my fourth (yes, fourth) episode of Combat! that night. I knew it was time for bed, but I really wanted to see a 'Hanley' episode (i.e. Lt Hanley takes the lead instead of Sgt Saunders--both have their merits, trust me. Physcially and dramatically). I lay down on the couch to begin watching, and Padme Kitty sat on the floor in front of the couch, watching me. Then she leapt up and smacked me in the face!!!
Ok, so I'm really grateful she kept her claws sheathed, or this story would have a different ending (and she would have a new home). I couldn't believe it. She smacked me! I actually thought it was really funny and started to laugh. She then went and curled up behind my knees and went to sleep.
So, any ideas on what she was trying to tell me? That I really needed to go to bed? That she wanted to watch one of her tv shows? Don't ask me what that would be, I don't think I watch anything with mice or birds. Maybe I was taking up her position on the couch? Maybe she doesn't like Lt Hanley?
Anyway, my cat smacked me. Add that to the life experiences, please.
1 comment:
HA! I just picture this with a cartoony smack sound, and it just seems funny. Just vying for your attention probably.
Post a Comment