Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snowfall...

Well, after a few brief weeks of spring, we are back to wintertime here in Maryland. Oh boy! (sarcasm, just in case it wasn't clear). My daffodils had started coming up, the early spring ones, in December. I was a little worried about them. The cat wouldn't come back inside today, so she's outside in the snow. Serves her right? She has her vet appt tomorrow, so we'll see about that. In other 'kitty' news, her former 'dad' seems to have returned. I'm now wondering if she wants to go back to him. I knew there was a reason I shouldn't get too attatched. She even drew blood last night, but it was my fault. I like to play with her paws, and she tries to bite me when I do (the blood was from scratches when she ran away after I booped her to the head for trying to bite me). Silly Kitty. Crazy, silly kitty. She likes to 'hide' in her box and take swipes at me when I walk by. Tell me again why I took her in?

Family life is good. My nephew's wife had their second baby, a little girl, last week (Jan 7). I got the call just as I was leaving for FHE at the Bishop's house :) Her name is Jane Elizabeth. My first thought on hearing that was, "I wonder if she's a Jane Austin fan?" I suppose she wouldn't have to be, I think that's just the circles I run in, but still! She's a very cute baby. Let's see if I can post her picture... Nope. I'll try again later. So I'm a twice-great aunt!! Yay for me! yay for my nieces who have a niece! Now they have one of each!

Other good family news--my niece Leslie is going to be graduating in May and then putting in her papers to go on a mission! Her cousin Danja, that's a week older, is in the process of putting in her papers (the Stake President has them at the moment). Their hope is to be at the MTC at the same time, but we'll see. I'm so excited!!! Leslie's older brothers both went, but Danja is the first in her family. I'm so excited for them both!!! I'm going to have to stop breaking down my boxes so I can get ready to send care packages :D

Work is going well. The Powers That Be at APL have determined NOT to outsource the MOC (Mission Operations Center--get used to this acronym) (i.e. my job). The project managers need to present our plan to cut our budget on the 24th to The NASA Powers That Be. So still a little nervous, but life can go forward. The TIMED MOT (Mission Operations Team--get used to this acronym too) has succeeded in putting up a major software load to their processor, tested it, and the satellite is performing really well. Better than before, in fact. So, aside from the fact that we'd probably be doing this anyway, we're going to Mexican today (El Azteca in Clarksville). So fun!! In spite of snow. Though it's not too bad right now, and I did see multiple snow trucks out this morning, so it looks like they're prepared for the worst. Should we start taking bets as to which school system is going to shut down first? Winner gets to stay home with their kids... ;)

I think that's all I have to say for now. Happy snow day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love El Azteca. I actually went out in the snow today. The kids & I practically had the mall to ourselves. So fun to have new babies in your family. Good luck with your kitty. I hope the scratching stops..ouch.

Cami said...

Actually, school was out in Howard County anyway, so it's actually a good time for snow! Phewf!

That sounds like LOTS of good news! You send care packages? Wow. I'm the worst at that.

Jenni said...

Lots of happy happenings and I'm so glad for you! I do hope that your kitty stops taking swipes at you tho - maybe she has abandonment issues. We need to try El Azteca - sounds yummy!