President Hinkley passed away last night.
He was such a force of nature, it was a bit of a shock to me when I found out. He was still out-running the younger guys on the Quorum of the Twelve and many on the Quorum of the Seventies as well. He was 97, in relatively good health. We should all be so lucky.
It strikes me as interesting that last week Heath Ledger died and the whole world had his picture up everywhere you looked. Entertainment Weekly had him on the cover. But President Hinkley dies and where are the news stories? The Ensign will have him on the cover next month, I'm sure, but seriously. A Prophet of God has left the Earth and the majority of the people on the earth have no idea.
But we are in good hands, still. President Monson as the President of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles is in charge until the next President of the Church is chosen (and will most likely be the next President if the Lord wills it).
3 comments:
You are so right -- about him being a great man and the difference in the news coverage. I'm grateful I know how important he is.
Wow it is interesting to see the difference in the coverage - I hadn't really thought about that. If only everyone knew our wonderful prophet like we do.
I thought that too. But my friend in CA found out from CNN, so I guess they did give it SOME attention. I thought they might give it more, what with Mitt and all.
Post a Comment