Ok, so I had a lovely Christmas at my sister's house. I even had presents, swo I worried for nothing. I got to hold Baby Jack (6 weeks old) a lot of the time. My sister laughed at me for wanting to hold a crabby baby, but I didn't care. and he was never crabby for long. She asked me once if I was trying to get it out of my system, holding babies, but I said I was just trying to soak up as much as I could. He's so little!! Most of my nieces and nephews have been monster children, but Jack is Beckie's smallest, and he's still so tiny! I think he's still under 9 lbs. He's healthy, no worries, he's just not a monster child. Like two of his siblings. I'll get pictures posted to flikr sometime this week, I'll let you know when.
There were a lot of really good moments, too. Bonnie and Malena's grandmother Omi knew one of them loved Cinderella, but she got her wires crossed as to which one. So when Bonnie saw she was getting Cinderella toys and Malena was getting Sleeping Beauty, she immediately asked Malena if she wanted to trade. It was so sweet. Bonnie doesn't care that much as long as she gets toys. I mentioned this to Beckie, when the girls were in the room, and referred to Malena as a Cinderella-freak. Then I said I was a Star Wars freak. Malena said, "No, you're a DOLL freak! And I'm going to buy all your dolls from you when I get older!" "She's got you pegged," Beckie said. That was so fun. Doug didn't pull his usual disappearing act either, which was also nice. My sister married well. In PA, though, the house was so small, it felt like we were always on top of each other, so Doug would disappear into the depths or out to the garage. Their new house is almost twice as big, with no stairs, and a huge, huge yard. They're thinking of getting chickens. They need to fence in the yard, though, or a portion of it. The back of the yard has a pond. Not good for three-year-old inquisitive boys to be around. I really like their new house. Their family room is so large! I think you could fit my whole house in it! Probably not, but it's really big. Plenty of room for several activities to be going on at the same time. Baby Jack hasn't been blessed yet, so I'm thinking I may have to go back in February or March...
Thank you to all my friends. I'm at risk of becoming extremely sappy, so I'll stop now, but I do appreciate all you do for me. I go through periods of extreme anti-social behavior, but having you there when I pull out of it means the world to me. Thank you. I hope you all had Merry Christmases too.
5 comments:
So glad you were able to hold a sweet baby. I love holding them when they just lay in your arms and are content. Have a great new year!
I'm so glad your Christmas was good! Sounds like lots of fun times!:)
Yay! A merry Christmas!! I'm glad you had a good one with lots of baby holding :)
sounds like you had a really nice christmas! glad to have you back, though. :)
I'm glad you had a good time, friend. See you tomorrow!
Post a Comment