Wednesday, December 12, 2007

LDS equivalent of drinking...

Anyone know what that might be? I'm thinking pizza, lots and lots of pizza...

Work has been indescribably bad lately. We've been asked to cut yet another $70 million from our budget. Some idiot suggested we outsource Mission Operations. My job. Thanks. A lot. so I've been going to a lot of meetings where we try to figure out how to prove to those idiots that this would be a REALLY Bad Idea. Very RISKY. Somehow the guy at NASA HQ got wind of the idea, and now we have to justify why it's better for APL to do it than to have some university try to pull of our operations. If I weren't LDS, boy, I'd be seriously tempted to hit a bar on the way home. Really shouldn't break my diet, either, even though the diet isn't going really well. I haven't lost anything in a month. Haven't gained either, though, so it's not a total failure.

Three words: Cost Cutting SUCKS.
When can I get to my real job? If they hadn't just made me an APL employee, I'd seriously consider finding something else to do.

So for some good news, Kitty/Padme is officially mine. I spoke with the housesitter--really the girlfriend of the guy who lives there, who has been in Australia for the last 4-5 months and is considering moving there. She, on the other hand, has two jobs and her own place (hence the reason I never saw her). So when I offered to adopt Padme, they were grateful. She still likes to be outside more than inside, but I think she's happy I've stopped kicking her out of my house. She does like to attack my toes while I'm sleeping, though. That has got to stop...

6 comments:

Jeri said...

Ahhh! I had a toe attacking kitty growing up. Sugar was her name, and she was a brat. Congrats on the new kitty!

I am sorry about the craziness at work. I have had a hard night too, and don't have a pizza. I think I will go for a root beer float.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new kitty! Hopefully that takes some of the stress away. I'm with you on the pizza, and the nachos, and anything salty. Hope things get better at work.

Jann said...

I am so sorry you are dealing with this stress at work. I hope it all works out well.

That is great that you have a kitty. I love our cats. They leave you alone, when you want them to, and they are good for a snuggle when you want one. Yuck on the toe attacks though.

Cami said...

I was going to guess ice cream, but pizza works too. Sorry about the junk at work. At least you "own" a nice kitty now!

Jenni said...

Chocolate in any form is my LDS drink of choice!:) I am sorry about your work situation. Adrian's first job was outsourced to Romania and that was a hard time for us. I hope they figure out quickly how much they need you!! Congrats on Padme - love her name!:)

Deb said...

i'm glad you have a furry friend to help ease the stress. i have been eating caramels to deal with mine today.... it's probably better to just pet a kitty instead....