It has been a week, hasn't it?
so sorry, I've been trying to do my write-up of the weekend, and in the process haven't really wanted to write anything else, but now I realize that I want to do a journal page and put it up on the web (I will credit all pictures I borrow, but if someone has a problem with me doing that please let me know and I won't use your pictures). In the meantime, my pictures are here
Not nearly as many as I had thought, but there you go. I have more in my phone, something else I need to work on.
Yes I have read the entire HP book, and did it withing 24 hours of recieving it. I went to the party at Borders the night before, and got my book about 1:45am. I got home and started reading, I fell asleep around chapter 4, then got up and read a couple more chapters until time to leave for the trip to the Burrow, where I finished it before 2:00 am Sunday morning. I must say, though, the most frustrating thing is NOT talking about it because there is ALWAYS someone around who HASN'T READ IT YET!! I mean really, what's the point if you can't talk about it?
Monday night my friend Tess and I wen to see the HP movie (yes, twice for me, once for her). Now that I know how it all ends, I'm a little disturbed that the movie makers felt that Dobby was no longer important after movie 2 and have cut him out of all subsequent movies. That's all I'm going to say. That's all I said in the theater, and a woman got mad at me. Yikes. Nuttier than squirrel poo, that's all I have to say.
And for those that were wondering, my laughing fit on Saturday evening was caused by the image of Snape running away from a bottle of shampoo. Gotta love those Weasly Twins!!
The rest of this week has been rather tame as I finished reading book 2 of The Dresden Files. Another story about a wizard named Harry, only in Chicago. Except it was very violent and I had to skip a number of pages because it was just too much (there were werewolves, need I say more?). This may be the last one I read of this series. Time to return to Honor Harrington, I think.
Emotionally I've been a bit of a wreck, what with feeling invisible and all. I've never learned how to insert comments into a group successfully, and when it becomes apparent that no one has any intereste in anything I say, I typically leave. It frustrates me that after all this time my first reaction is still flight. When am I going to learn how to deal with other people?? No self-help suggestions, please. Sure I can make people like me by listening to them but why is no one interested in listening to ME?? Like I said, invisible. I'm convinced I'm just not that interesting of a person. Sigh.
Today I feel a little better, though, and tonight people are coming over my house for quiet book makeing. This will hopefully get me motivated enough to finish my niece M's book and start on my niece B's book. They both need to be completed by next weekend, so we'll see. I should have lots of time this weekend to work on them; it's the first weekend in about 3 months that I don't have anything planned. Well, sort of. I did make plans to meet my friend S in VA for a movie, but that doesn't really count, does it?
Have a great day!
3 comments:
Um, for the record, I like to hear what you have to say :)
So do I! Hey, so, I totally came to your house for quiet books but no one was there! I worked all day to get ready . . . argh! I guess I got there too late. Sorry. Let's plan one sooner rather than later so I can get going. You'll like my pages.
I like hearing what you have to say too! Glad I got to go on the HP weekend with ya!! :)
Post a Comment