Well, it happened. I mentioned in my last post that the Good Dog Rescue people had recieved a couple of applications for my dogs. The applications were processed just as I was going on my vacation, so the woman from GDR worked it out with my boarding kennel to take the dogs out and have them meet the applicants. Well, that happened last Saturday. I got a call while at Shore Leave letting me know that both dogs had been adopted, separately. I got an email this morning letting me know that they're both doing ok, although it's still an adjustment for them. It's a bit of an adjustment for me too--I do miss them. Although, I don't miss them enough to think I want them back. One friend said that this was probably a good thing, to help me know just how much I want a pet, or if maybe having a pet isn't the right thing for me. So far, I'm adjusting ok to not having my little buddies around, and it's nice to think I can just go where I want after work and not worry about getting home to feed and walk the dogs before they explode. This really is for the best. For them, and for me. They get one human a piece to love and care for them, so they don't have to share attention or water or anything.
I'm once again alone and selfish, but still entirely too busy to think about it too much. Maybe next week. Plus, I now have my 'breathing' baby, so that's comforting.
2 comments:
It must be hard to have them gone (and a relief at the same time). I'm sure you're having a confusing day. Good luck.
I'm so glad they found good homes for your dogs! :)
Post a Comment