First, the good news. I heard back from the Coroner's Public Relations office. They got the results of the autopsy and are able to release the death certificate for my brother now. Hypertensive Cardio-something, basically his high blood pressure wore his heart out. Even though he was doing better, I guess the damage was done.
I've been struggling a lot this season. Between being flat out depressed over Thanksgiving and then getting sick a week ago, it's just been hard. I listen to my Sirius radio Christmas stations in the car, and run the Primary Christmas songs we've been learning through my head. I did manage to get all the presents wrapped and those that need shipping got shipped. Though there's still a couple more I should probably ship. Hmm.
But- (potential spoilers)
The new Star Wars movie is out. The Last Jedi. I really liked it. I need to see it again before I know exactly where to place it in my 'favorite Star Wars movies' list, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. There's been quite the uproar on Facebook about it - apparently a lot of people didn't like it, and one of the main reasons is because it didn't meet their expectations. Which is why I try to have as few expectations as possible when I go in to these movies. I enjoyed it a lot, though. Poe is my favorite, even though he basically managed to single-highhandedly destroy the Rebellion through his hubris. Oops, that was probably a spoiler. He was still adorable. Rey was really good, and there's this lightsaber fight between her and Kylo Ren that was so awesome.
So that's my update. I go to Glen's for Christmas this year, so I'm just counting down the days and hours until I can leave. I have NO vacation time left so I really can't leave early. :(

No comments:
Post a Comment