A New Zealand Journey
-and-
The year of the Con
2015
-and-
The year of the Con
2015
So I really
do need to start with the end of last year.
You see, I went to Middle Earth last December, and I had the TIME of my
LIFE! My friend Kellie went with me, and
we met so many great people and did so many fun things! We were there for Red
Carpet Tour’s Lord of the Rings tour, including the Premiere of the final
Hobbit movie in Wellington! There’s
really too much to go over in a single letter, so please check out my pictures
on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ Julia Andersen (from Laurel, Md)
Getting back
from such an amazing trip took a while – and I’m not just talking about the
plane ride. I did have more travels
planned, though.
February: off to FanX in Salt Lake City where
I got to meet Carrie Fisher!! (for those keeping track, this is Con number
1) I also dressed in my dwarf costume,
which went over really well.
April: off to NYC to meet up with friends
from the New Zealand Tour, for three nights of The Lord of the Rings, complete
with full orchestra, Howard Shore, and soloists. The days were spent running around NYC
playing tourist, the evenings were spectacular.
Not really a con, but it was fan related so I think it counts.
April again: at the end of the month my nephew
Doug returned with honor from his Mission for our church. He served in the San Diego, California
mission. Such a cutie! I got to stay with my brother and his family
while there, which was so fun.
May: Off to see my niece Anna before she left on her
mission to the Arcadia California Mission (Spanish Speaking). We even sang for her Sacrament Meeting, me,
two sisters, two brothers, our dad, and my niece. It was great.
June: Spent one Saturday at the Joy in
the Journey LDS Single Adult Conference in Frederick MD. Came back enlightened and encouraged to do
better (can’t we always do better?)
July: My first Supernatural Convention,
held in DC so I took the Metro in and out each day. The con was really good, and I got to meet
Mark Sheppard and Misha Collins!! (I
think we’re up to Con 3)
August: The very next weekend I went to
Richmond for a Wizard World Comic-Con. I
got to meet Billy Boyd!!! I dressed as a
hobbit, of course!
October: Off to Tulsa and Wizard World Comic
Con with my niecie Daph! We got to meet
Sean Astin and Christian Kane!! Ok,
Christian was just me, but she was thrilled to meet Guy Gilchrist (he draws a
frog, a pig and a bear!). She even got a
drawing of Miss Piggy from him! I got a
hug from Christian, so we were both very happy.
November: Time to go to Tucson AZ for the family
reunion! It was amazing. Kudos to my sister Kathy for hosting this
time. We did a 5K walk Thanksgiving
morning, and more than made up for it that afternoon. And there was pie. Lots and lots of pie!
So 5 Science
Fiction/Comic-Con Conventions. Yes I
dressed up most days, though I did repeat several costumes. Next year I’ll probably not do quite so many.
For
Christmas I’ll be going out to Utah to spend it with a couple of sisters and
their families. The big news for next
year is that I’m moving to California.
I’ll definitely have to do Christmas Cards next year – or maybe Easter
cards! – because I’ll have a new address!!
No comments:
Post a Comment