Thursday, January 14, 2016

Moving right along... mostly...

My house is on the market, and keeping everything clean and ready to show is starting to drive me nuts.  I guess I never realized just how sloppy I can be.  Two people have come by to see the house, though, so I guess it's worth it.



Kitty is stressed out too.  She doesn't like it when I leave for work, much less when I leave on trips, but this time it's so much worse because I have to board her while I'm away, just in case we get someone who wants to look through the house.  Two trips and no walk-throughs while I'm gone..  It's tempting to just leave her there, but if someone comes then whoever's cat-sitting will have to take her out and clean up after her.  If the weather were better we could just put her outside and wait for the people to be done, but it's too cold outside for little kitties.

Last week I went out to El Segundo, CA, for a 'meet and greet'.  I got to meet most of the people I'll be working with, and started getting my paperwork done for badges and access and stuff like that.  I think I'm going to like it there.  Still not thrilled about the amount I have to read right now, but I have been given a couple of other tasks so it's not too bad.

I've been looking for apartments online, and I think I know where I want to live - fairly close to where I'll be working, either in El Segundo, Westchester, or even Mar Vista (which is apparently where my Grandpa Andersen used to live).  So that would be fun.  I've been checking the addresses against the "Meetinghouse Locator" on LDS.org, and there are a lot of meetinghouses.  One place is close enough to walk to church, and only about 10 minutes from work.  Wouldn't that be nice?  And of course, I'm only looking at places that take cats.

Next week I'm back in CA (and poor Kitty is back in the boarding place), and I'll start looking at places for real.  Even have an appointment set up already!  I may have to call the others when I get there.

Ok, so now you're caught up.  My Ponderize Scripture for this week is about Abraham: Hebrews 11: "By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
 10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God."

I kind of feel like I've been sojourning in a strange country for the last almost 20 years (I moved out in April of 1996).  A land of trees and greenery, and humidity.  A place where the seasons can be felt and seen and even touched.  It is a beautiful land, but I think it's time to return to the land of my fathers.

No comments: