So tomorrow is April Fool's Day. I will be on alert for all the "George Lucas returns to Star Wars" or even "Moon is going to hit the earth" posts on Facebook. And be skeptical of them all.
Personally, I'm just glad that spring is finally here. This was 10 days ago:
Friday morning. And nothing was cancelled. Nothing. Not school, not even liberal leave at work. I think everyone was just tired of the snow and pretending that it didn't exist. Except that it did. Oh, and the best part? This was the day of the Spring Equinox. Yeah.
I shoveled at least an inch of the wet, sticky stuff off my car. My poor car. I had opened the sun roof just three days before, and it got stuck and wouldn't close. So no more opening the sun roof for me (I did get the Chevy place to put it back in, but it wasn't in this picture).
So in other news, I'm helping the Drama Club with costuming again. I have a monk's robe and a sheep costume to make before Tech week which starts next week. I'd get more done if I'd stop watching Supernatural all the time.
Ok, so here's my Supernatural story. The show (yes, it's a TV show, on the CW) started in 2005, so this is its 10th year. I was very aware of it when it started, because one of the stars was Dean from Gilmore Girls (another favorite). However, I don't like horror. So I decided not to watch it. Fast forward 8 years, and I went to Shore Leave where Amanda Tapping was appearing. I love Amanda Tapping (she was on Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, and had her own show Sanctuary on SciFi channel (before they changed it and it became lame)). She's the perfect combination of smart, strong, and capable while still being feminine. But not so overly sexy that you think she's just there to bring in guys. She is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but she was a full-fledged member of the team, not the token female. Anyway, she had just done a part-season of Supernatural, and I started thinking I should really consider watching it. So I added it to my list of things to watch someday. Then, about a year later, I went to Evolution Expo with my nephew (I'm sure I posted about that). Amanda was there, as was Ty Olsson, who was also on Supernatural that same season as Amanda (though they never ran into each other onscreen). Ty was hilarious. And I once again thought I should probably catch up on Supernatural, especially with the 10th season about to begin. Typically, I still delayed a bit. In November I mentioned it to my friend Mara. She handed me the first two seasons (wanted to give me the first three but I decided that no, two was enough at a time). I kind of blasted through the first two seasons, and even traded Mara for the next two. But then I went to Middle Earth, and didn't have time for things like that.
Come January, I had a nice long weekend (New Year's) to do not much of anything, so I pulled out the DVD's. I blasted through the first one, then the second one in about one week. I had to call Mara to get the next season because I NEEDED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!!! Seriously, the boys had just released Lucifer from his Cage. How can I wait to find out what happens next?? So I didn't. And because of that, I ended up buying the first 8 seasons off of Amazon (for only $100 - that's an extremely good deal). And season 9. In January I managed to finish of seasons 5, 6, and part of 7 before I went to FanX and saw Felicia Day and Mark Pellegrino (both guest stars on Supernatural, aka SPN). I located SPN on Netflix and actually continued with Season 7, and when I got home did seasons 8 and 9 in no time at all. Panicked about Season 10 which I wasn't recording (like an idiot), and tried Hulu and a couple other things, but then just broke down and bought it off Amazon, one episode at a time.
So now I'm caught up. And in the meantime I also went on Facebook and found some groups, and decided to go to the SPN con in DC in July. I was too late to get Sunday tickets (the day Jared and Jensen, the two stars, also referred to as J2 are there), but I get to meet Misha Collins and Mark Shepard (hello, remember Leverage? Firefly? He's been on my list for a long time). Misha is the angel Castiel, Mark is Crowley, the King of Hell. Both regulars this season.
So basically I've been spending all my time watching TV. And reading Facebook. I know, lame, right?
Time to get a little serious before the end. I have been seeing a lot of those "repost if you love your daughter/ repost if you have a wonderful son" memes on Facebook lately. Each one is like someone poking a long pin into my heart. They could just stab me, it would be faster. Sometimes I just really miss that I don't have a family of my own; I will never have grandchildren. And it really kind of hurts. I bring this up because the General Women's meeting was on Saturday, and I couldn't watch it. It was all about families, and before the first video was over (children singing a primary song about families) I had to turn it off. I did record it, but I may just read the messages online. That way I can stop if it gets to be too much. This is not me crying into my ginger beer (non-alcoholic) about what I don't have, this is getting too many reminders all at once and having my walls break down. Six more weeks and the worst of all holidays will be upon us. Worst because of the constant reminders leading up to it that my Mom is gone and I am not a Mom. And no cute comments about how all women are mothers, because that's just lame. Tell me that in June and I'll believe you. In May I will just want to rip your face off.
At least the sun is finally shining, the grass has begun to grow, and there are flowers starting to bud. Very glad that it is spring. Finally! Hope it lasts more than two weeks before summer gets here.
1 comment:
Still reading. Hope you're feeling better and that I'll see you tomorrow. :)
Post a Comment