Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Tidying up

I've been reading this book:



I got the Kindle version. 
My house is so cluttered with stuff that it's become uncomfortable for me to be in it.  But going through everything just seemed so overwhelming.  But this book helped me start.  She says that tidying up should be done in a short period of time, and then she said that time period is 6 months.  heck, I can do lots of things in 6 months.  At least two weekends a month I can get stuff together and go through it.  I started this past weekend, going through all my clothes and fabric.  Whoa. I went from four bins of fabric and projects to one.  I went from overstuffed closets and not even being able to get to my dresser drawers to neatly arranged clothes and a half-empty closet.  Hmm, maybe there's room for a man in my life after all... ;)

The energy I released by tidying up just one category (ok, two categories) of my life has been great.  I feel better able to keep to my health/eating goals.  I've been paying more attention to what I actually want to eat rather than just grazing.  So improvement in more areas than just one has been noted.

I've also been going through all my movies.  I have no idea what movies I have anymore.  I've been putting them in CD binders, and have lost contact with what I actually own.  So I'm reorgainzing, and as I do so I'm writing down everything I have.  And where it's stored.  And labeling the big black binders with my label maker so I know where to find what I'm looking for.  And this has been very liberating as well.  I will put these lists in a nice spreadsheet next week (once I've finished making all my lists), and it will be very good.


No comments: