A friend of mine relaunched her blog, moving it from the personal to public area, and I realized that my list of people on the personal area that actually update their blogs is very small. So I deleted the ones that weren't being updated. Please don't take that personally. I love blogs, but if they're not going to be updated, well, you know. Not such a problem for the public area since I have it set to only display the most recently updated blogs. I don't see the ones that don't ever get updated anymore.
Things for me have been kinda busy. Not crazy busy, not bored, just kinda busy.
Work has been a little crazy. We had a potential COLA (collision Avoidance) maneuver to get ready for, to execute on Monday, which really meant that I had to put in some hours over the weekend since it was my job to check everything out and make sure it got set up properly. Which was fine. I ended up skipping out on my plans to meet up with S&C to go see Christmas Lights because I kept coughing. I even decided that I would call the doctor on Monday if I was still coughing that much, but as luck would have it, my cough has calmed down. A lot. Still here, but not nearly as annoying. Just once in a while. But back to work. The current fun thing is that there's a CME headed our way (Coronal Mass Ejection, from the sun, headed towards Earth). Since that's what our spacecraft are supposed to be studying, the impact of the Sun on the Radiation Belts, you'd think we wouldn't have to do much, right? Wrong. We have a maneuver scheduled for the very time the CME is supposed to hit the Radiation Belts. 3 hours, both spacecraft, about the same time. 2-3 instruments actually turn themselves off when we do this, so now they want us to delay the maneuver. Oh boy. And I was trying to have a nice, normal week this week. I should really know better.
Church is being impacted by these work things now, too. I almost had to cancel going to the temple last Friday night because of the COLA maneuver, and now I may need to come in to work on Friday evening (I have the sister missionaries for dinner) or even Sunday (I'm supposed to help with a skit in Relief Society). The maneuver may be in the afternoon on Sunday, though.
Hmm, so maybe it has been crazy busy after all.
My cats have been getting along. Well, not really, but I don't close the door to the basement anymore, and while there is growling and hissing, there are no knock-down-drag-out fights.
And it has been COLD. An Arctic Vortex has come South to visit us here in America - the Midwest in particular, but here on the East Coast we've had single digits for the last couple of days. And Friday morning there will be a 'wintry mix'. Yay. that's probably when they'll want to do the maneuver.
But the good news is, I'm back in Primary, teaching the Sunbeams. These kids are so dang CUTE!!! And so much fun! I have a co-teacher, which is really nice. We're weaning them slowly off of snacks, and having plenty of coloring time. I'm really enjoying being in Sharing Time again, too.
Bye for now!
1 comment:
Hooray for Sunbeams! Sophie is a sunbeam this year, can you believe it?!? Hopefully your crazy busy week has resolved itself (I've been working with a sick family, sorry it's been too long since I've read your blog!!!
Post a Comment