Nice picture, huh? Well, the rocket's back out on the pad, Hurricane Issac decided to visit Louisiana (sorry Louisianans!), and so far we have a 60% weather possibility that we'll launch tomorrow morning (4:05 am Eastern).
Meanwhile, I spent the last week doing more food prep--two more meal types in the freezer, more of the fresh stuff cut up and frozen. I'm thinking I'm REALLY not going to want to cook after a 12-hour shift, and I really need to stop doing the fast food thing (curse you, Chick-Fil-A for being so yummy and so close to work!). I mean, I have a hard enough time after a regular days' work without having to deal with a 12-hour shift. Actually, since I want to keep my meal-times somewhat normal, I'll probably be bringing in breakfast, lunch and dinner so I can eat at 8:00am, 12:00 noon, and 5:30pm. My shifts will be 7:00am - 7:00pm, so packing the meal bag the night before might be important. And frozen works really well for keeping everything nice and cold until time to reheat.
I caught her making out with the (as yet unwashed) costumes from Play On. She really liked the ones Lady Margaret had been wearing. Kitty's actually been very good lately. She's not all that happy when I try to go to bed around 9:00pm and won't let her outside, but she loves when I sit and watch tv (on my new couch--did I mention I have a new couch???). She climbs up next to me, puts her paws on my thigh, and watches with me. She really likes the "My Cat from H---" from Animal Planet. I think she's trying to show me that she's much better than those cats. She still scratches my legs when she's unhappy with me, though. And I still can't leave her and Ani alone unsupervised. He likes to run at her, which freaks her out (understandably). I can't figure out how to block off sections of my main floor so they can see each other but not interact. Then I can put down food by the partition and Kitty can begin to realize that the other cat isn't so bad.
And yes, I have a new couch. I needed some shopping therapy last month, and Roomstore is going out of business (sad for them, but the prices are really good). So I finally bought the sectional with chaise that I've wanted for a long time. I can't have large pieces of furniture in my tiny house, but this one fits (I measured it first to be certain). Still needs to have the feet put on, but my home teacher will help with that when he gets a chance--and our schedules match up. That's going to be interesting over the next couple of months.
Here's hoping we launch tomorrow!!

2 comments:
Ani has his own room? : )
Yup. Of course, Kitty has the rest of the house... ;)
Post a Comment