I'm at work, having finished the preliminary scheduling, and now just waiting to hear back from the schedulers for the SN so we can finish that particular schedule. then I can go home. And sleep. man, I'm tired!!! Here's hoping we launch for real tomorrow morning!!!
Friday, August 24, 2012
Holding pattern
Ok, so the first delay was actually last weekend when they--the builders of the rocket--found a problem with a different but similar rocket at their facility in GA. That slipped us a day. Then this morning we all got up and got prepared for launch, and there was a problem down at the Range--a homing beacon was acting up. Since it's kind of important to know when and where the rocket remains will be dropping from the sky, they kind of need that beacon to function. So we slipped to tomorrow.
I'm at work, having finished the preliminary scheduling, and now just waiting to hear back from the schedulers for the SN so we can finish that particular schedule. then I can go home. And sleep. man, I'm tired!!! Here's hoping we launch for real tomorrow morning!!!
Pretty, huh? This is from when the fairing was being shipped to the rocket. Our little spacecraft are in the fairing.
I'm at work, having finished the preliminary scheduling, and now just waiting to hear back from the schedulers for the SN so we can finish that particular schedule. then I can go home. And sleep. man, I'm tired!!! Here's hoping we launch for real tomorrow morning!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And here you are, still waiting, right? Argh! At least you know that you're at the end...someday soon!
Post a Comment