Just spent 10 days in Mission Simulation 3 at work--ten days of test-as-you-fly, with contacts needing to be staffed and people needing replans and a couple of actual problems inserted to make sure we can handle them on-orbit. Whew! Maybe things can slow down a bit now?
Well, maybe not.
"The Curious Savage" by the APL Drama Department will be performed on April 13-15 at the APL Kossiakof Center. Which means this week we're starting run-throughs of the different acts, next week we start run-throughs of the whole show, and the week after that is TECH WEEK (aka the week from you-know-where (where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?). Actually, Tech Week was split up into two weeks, because we couldn't get a single solid week for that. which is fine. We can do costumes and stuff like that with the real set and run through the whole thing twice in a row (the third day I don't believe we have the K-center), and then finish up the next week with the A/V guys (the ones we have to actually pay).
Of course, in the middle of this, my oldest (eldest?) nephew is getting MARRIED!!!! I'm so thrilled for him. So glad he can get out of the SA program while he's still young enough not to get jaded (yes, that would be me). His bride-to-be is really sweet, too. Ok, so I haven't met her, but I did Facebook her, and she not only accepted my friend request but was really helpful when I was looking for which hotel to be in. I just know they're going to be happy together. Portland here I come!
My niece that was going to get married decided to delay until June. Should have listened to my sister who lives in the same valley as her, not her mother, but I didn't so I'm going to SLC after Portland for a few days. So I get to play with my sister and her kids, and maybe my niece will come over for Easter Dinner. I am a little bummed to be missing church on Easter, though. I didn't mind when I had a wedding to look forward to, but now I find I really do mind. I'll just have to make sure General Conference is downloaded to my iPad before I leave so I can read through that and my scriptures on the plane.
But in other news, I get to go see the Hunger Games TONIGHT!!! with friends. Really looking forward to that. Almost had S convinced to come with me, but then this opportunity came up, and I wasn't sure I should be schlepping down to VA when I have so much sewing still to do for the play. I'll be going the following week to see The Wrath of the Titans anyway, and two weekends in a row just seemed like a lot.
Weight loss news--yes the goal was one lb per week, but I have managed to lose 4 lbs in the last 10 weeks. It's been a struggle. I'm using my FB friends as my support group, and this week I asked them to click 'like' if they supported me in my goal. I'm pretty sure that everyone who saw my post clicked 'like', and now I have a post I can go back to every time I feel discouraged. And I can probably pull that trick again next time I feel like I'm not making progress. But I have noticed that my clothing is all fitting differently. Things that were too tight are now comfortable, things that were comfortable are now loose. So progress is being made, and really, isn't that what it's all about?
Happy Spring everyone!
1 comment:
You have to let me know how you like the movie!
Post a Comment