Friday, March 2, 2012

Is it spring yet?

Why, yes it is!!! Just ask my Daffodils!

I was actually a little excited the other day--it rained, and I got to wear my new rainboots (from zulilly, thanks to my sister for inviting me :) ). 

Life has been entirely too busy lately.  Here's what I've been doing:
  • Work: just finished a 10-day dry run of the 10-day test we're going to be starting in about a week and a half.  Shift work, scheduling work, trying to make all my meetings and still get some things done kept me a busy little bee.
  • Work: starting a new project at about 30 hours per month, but of course this is the week they really need me to focus.  Same week that my first project really needed my time too.  Cuz that's just how life works
  • Play: directing the play is a lot of fun.  Rehearsals are twice a week, and we've managed to do quite a bit.  We finally got the whole thing blocked last night, so now we can just work on refining.
  • Play: set design.  Since I'm the director, I get to do the set design.  Which would be fine if I was actually any good at this.  But that's where my sister Beckie comes in.  She's amazing, and very good at this house stuff (even when it's a pretend house).
  • Classes: Just started a drawing class with my friend Helen.  Discovered I like drawing with Charcoal, and I'm really not half bad.  Not as good as Annie, but then, who is?
  • Church: actually was sick enough to skip church the past couple of weekends.  Not really happy about that, but didn't want to get the kids in Nursery sick either.  Choir is starting up again, though.  Haven't told my choir director that I won't be there on Easter Sunday.  Not looking forward to that reaction!
  • Family:  2--yes, TWO of my siblings children are getting married in April, 3 days and 3 states apart.  Yup, Easter weekend.  Nephew David (the oldest nephew) found a wonderful girl and will be getting married in Portland.  Niece Natalie (don't ask me her number, but she is my sister Debi's oldest girl) is getting married in Salt Lake City.  Not sure which temple, though.  Three days later.  That will be a fun trip, and I'll get to see my sister Beckie and her family again too.
  • Friends: the friend with the heart condition had a procedure that allowed the doctors to determine whether or not she needed surgery and how soon.  Verdict: she's in no present danger, so no need for surgery.  YAY!!  also managed to patch up the relationship with the third of this particular group, although it is going to cost me a spa day.  Not really a bad thing.
  • Friends: discovered I was neglecting another friend.  She lives far away, and I do want to visit her this year, so with work and weddings looks like it will have to be end of April/start of May.  Convenient that The Avengers should be out around then too.
  • Play: need to help make props and costumes.  Since I'm the major costumer for the club, this is being difficult.  But I do enjoy making them.  And the toys.  Which I'm planning on keeping after the play is over.
  • Classes: just signed up for Spanish classes again, Advanced Beginner.  They don't start until mid-March, though, so that should be ok.  Unless it impacts the afore-mentioned  10-day test.
  • Work: oh yeah, we're launching this year.  Which means it just gets busier and more involved as time goes by.  Until next year, when things will calm WAAAAAYYYYYYYY down.  Gotta love Unattended Operations.
  • Cats: took Kitty to the vet, she got a clean bill of health.  Wasn't able to take Ani, so took some of his, uh, 'present's instead.  He had a parasite.  I needed to give him medicine (which he wouldn't take) and then take another sample back in.  I am having some success in getting him into his carrier as long as I don't startle him (I leave treats inside).  I may get him to the vet yet.
Ok, time for me to go now.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Beckie Hales said...

Holy cow, so much going on! Glad you like Zulily - the girls and Doug have got stuff, but I really need to get something for myself!