Thursday, March 10, 2011

Grandma's life

As anyone who reads my blog knows, I struggle with my weight. I was thinking this morning about how my life compares to my grandma's life. She would work in the garden every day she could. She may have eaten a lot of meat and potatoes, but there were always fresh vegetables at her table. When they weren't fresh, they were veggies or fruits she'd preserved herself. Maybe if I followed her example a little more closely I would weigh a lot less. I may have to check into local farmer's markets. I did a 'Community Supported Agriculture" thing the last couple of years and ended up either giving away or throwing out most of it because I couldn't eat it all. And I don't have a big freezer. And I don't can my own veggies. And I'm tired when I get home. that's probably the biggest reason. But here I am, considering it once again, even though the couple I shared with last year isn't doing it this year. But that would mean I get to eat all the strawberries myself.

1 comment:

supersonicjan said...

yes, those strawberries are the best part! maybe just stop by the Gorman famer's market?