Friday, July 30, 2010

Single Again

So my roommate has moved out. She and her fiance bought a house, and they're moving into it (into separate rooms, get those thoughts out of your mind!) with his son. This will save them having to pay rent in two different places plus a mortgage. She was a little stressed with moving yet again, but at least this time it's to a permanent home. I wish them well, and I'm sure I'll be over there having dinner in the next week or so, or when they get settled in.

My new kitty had a traumatic week. He's doing better now, eating the canned food I've been putting out for him, and he's found a new hidey hole down in the basement, where I put him so it would be quieter. Although, now that my rommie's gone, I might consider moving him upstairs to her old room. Probably not, though. I kind of miss having him under my bed, but that was too easy access for others in my house. I'm hoping he will get over his shyness a little more now that he's in a quieter environment.

My week was pretty traumatic too, what with the new kitty, roommate trying to be helpful but really making it worse, the cleaning person coming over and second-guessing me in everything, and then, to top it off, a friend of mine passed away last weekend, and the funeral was the same day everything with the kitty came to a head and I decided to take him to the vet. He was not happy about that. But he's my little buddy, and I couldn't stand the thought of him slowly starving himself to death. He wasn't drinking anything, either, or so we thought. turns out he was. The vet was very reassuring. And very understanding. She was great. Buddy survived, and now he's eating. Still not using the litter box, but apparently cats can hold it for a very long time. Days even. And now that it's just him and me and Padme, I think we'll do ok. In hindsight I should have waited a week to pick him up. Oh well. Buddy survived, Kitty only hissed once in reaction to the chaos in the home, and now my house is once again mine.

I would classify the roommate thing as a good experience. I learned a few things about myself that were good to know, Lisa really is a sweet person, and now I have more space for when people come to visit. I do keep inviting my nieces and nephews to come live with me, but so far haven't had any takers. They seem to think they have lives in California. Hmph. Well, at least they're willing to come visit me. That's important.

No comments: