While my travels have stopped for a while, things at home have been a little topsy-turvy.
First, I currently have a roommate. She's very sweet. Her name is Lisa, and she's engaged to a man in our ward. Since good little mormon girls don't live with thier fiance's before they get married, she needed a place to stay. Anyway, this caused me to clean out my second bedroom on the top of my townhouse. Man, did I have a lot of junk in there!! I took all the craft stuff into my room, purposely leaving the unfinished projects out where I'd have to look at them, and put all the books and stuff in the basement. Fortunately for me, Lisa said she wouldn't have any problem with me leaving my desk and all the junk on top of it in her room. Still don't have a bed in there, but she manages very nicely with an air mattress. They are in the process of buying a home, though, so once that happens she will be moving out while her fiance stays in his apartment.
Second, I have a new cat (that seems to be going around). He's a little black cat, about 3 years old, with white face, chest, and paws. More than that I can't really see since the poor guy is still hiding under my bed. I brought him home Sunday, driving through a thunderstorm to get to him, and he's been scared and sad ever since. But last night he was foraging around, investigating his new home. I'm encouraged by this, even if he did leave a little wanton kitty destruction behind. His name right now is Isaac, but I'm seriously considering calling him Anakin, or Ani for short. To go with my other cat, Padme. Although Anakin did end up strangling Padme in the end, so maybe that's not such a good idea.
Speaking of Padme Kitty, she knows something is going on. She got into my room last night and was sniffing around. Issac stayed under the bed, though, so they haven't met yet. A couple more days... I hope. Once Issac is comfortable enough to come out and say hello to me, I'll exchange them for a couple hours--Kitty can examine my room for the presence of the interloper--uh, I mean new friend--and my new buddy can examine the rest of the house. Not sure he knows what to do with stairs--he's been kept in a 8x10 room most of his life. Even my room is bigger than that. And full of things, besides.
Once Lisa moves out, I'm thinking I might move all my bookcases downstairs and make a sort of library out of the den. And maybe get a daybed for the upstairs room, for when company comes. Or maybe the air mattress I have will be enough, as long as there's space. For now, anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment