Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June bugs

Yikes, has it been over a month already???

Ok, quick version:

a) end of April went to a Single Adult Conference in Richmond. Was ok, will probably attend next year but only on the Saturday. Although I have to say, the closing testimony meeting on Sunday was worth the whole trip.

b) Movies with Shannon and Clare--Iron Man 2 and Robin Hood with Shannon, Shrek 4, and Prince of Persia with both. Movie with Laura--Letters to Juliet. See sidebar for mini-reviews

c) TV season is over, although I still have a few episodes to watch to catch up. LOST was well done, I will be getting the whole series (it's 50% off on Amazon if you pre-order now). V was good but a little scarey. Don't let your kids watch this one. Flash Forward is over, and has not been renewed. Probably a good thing--nowhere to really go with that particular premise, though they tried. Chuck, well, I love Chuck, but this wasn't his greatest season. NCIS has me a little scared for Gibbs, but I know he'll be ok in the end (he signed his contract). And several more shows not as noteable but which I still enjoyed.

d) Took a trip to Florida to see the Shuttle Launch. Atlantis, on its final trip to the space station. It even launched on time! Which is really amazing for the shuttle program, seriously. Karma was probably satisfied when the shuttle that was supposed to launch in July got moved to November. Met up with my friend Laura who lives down there now, and it was so great to see her and hang out with her. Got to go to Epcot Center as well, and took the main tour at KSC. It was a lot of fun. I do have pictures (I know, I always tease you with pictures)

e) Memorial Day weekend went to movies on Saturday, rested on Sunday, and did some yardwork on Monday before it got too hot. Also managed to finish two (yes, two!) books.

f) bought a lot of books, mostly last week. Mostly off of Amazon. Kitty Norville has a new adventure coming out in July, and Debbie Macomber has been writing more about Blossom Street. Two series I enjoy. And I threw in the Actor and the Housewife since, well, my friends liked it! It all started with four 20% off books at Target. I'm telling you, they have a great book section! Not enough sci-fi, but lots of fluffy summer stuff :)

Ok, I think you're caught up now. Happy June!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Yay for a catch up! I love that you went to see the shuttle launch. Too bad Harry Potter World isn't open yet. I'm glad you liked how LOST ended. That will keep me inspired to keep watching.