Although I wonder sometimes why we think the Earth is female. I suppose it's her nurturing nature (hah! get it? Nature?). As a member of the Church we do know that the Earth has fulfilled her duties and will be celestialized when the time comes. What a wonderful thing, to be the Earth. And what a wonderful world it is that we live in.
Life as I know it
In other news, well, my life is progressing normally. Work, church, tv. I did get out into my back yard this week, though, and finally spread out the mulch that I bought last year. Yup, it's been sitting in my yard for over a year. I hope the worms appreciate their new home, surrounding my tree in the back yard. The ants, too. I don't really like ants, but as long as they stay outside I will suffer them to live. I understand baby powder is great for killing ants... Oh, whoops, I suppose I should talk about killing things on Earth Day, even bugs.
I went to my sister's for Easter, not sure if I mentioned that. I haven't downloaded the pictures from my camera yet, though. It was great fun. Dad and his wife, and Doug's parents were there, all of us in the same house. Malena had her baptism on Sunday, which was also her birthday, so that was fun. Jack was so very cute (he's the 2-year-old). Maybe because I'm in Nursery, I just seem to relate better to 2-year-olds these days. We played a lot. It was funny, we went for a walk, and he would say, "run!" and we would run for about 30 seconds, and then we'd walk, and then he'd sayd "run!" and then we'd repeat the process. I wonder if he saw me doing my running homework that morning? It was very cute.
On the 10th I went to the movies with my friends--Clash of the Titans in 3D. I think I have to add Sam Worthington to my List. You know, the one I keep of really cute actors that I like. He can join fellow Aussie Hugh Jackman. He's cute, and strong, and (at least in this movie) saves people. It's great. He saved them in Avatar as well. Not so much in Terminator last summer, but he spent most of the movie being confused as to who he was and what his purpose was. Before he realized he was a Terminator. Anyway, I liked that movie too. He's great. Review is on my sidebar ->
Last weekend I had a lot of great plans in my head. I started out strong at the Relief Society service project, but then allowed myself to get lunch on the way home, and that was pretty much it for the rest of the day. I'd get up to let Kitty in or out, but that was it. I have *got* to keep to the plan! I could have my whole back yard finished by now! Instead of just being caught up on all my tv shows. What happens to my priorities when I sit down to eat, anyway? Yikes!
Single Adult Madness
There was a fireside on Sunday evening for the SA in the DC area. Pres Jensen of the Presidency of the Quorum of the 70 was there, and it was great. Among all the other things we talked about, his point was that we need to become better learners. Not just teachers, but learners as well. He held a Q&A session that was really great. He told us before we started that not all questions are created equal--that we had three special witness of Christ available to us (Elders Hardy and one of the new guys were also there), so keep that in mind. We still had one guy who always askes about why divorced men can't hold certain callings (you'd think he'd have learned the answer by now), but the Seventies always answered appropriately. Like the girl who wanted to promote unity within the SA program and was told, essentially, that unity comes when we seek to be like Christ--vertically first, then horizontally (probably made more sense that night than what I've been able to write here).
I get really frustrated with people in the SA program who seem to think they need their own version of the church. That the SA should be doing everything for themselves, even to getting their own wards and such. Yes, it's hard being single in a family church, but the gospel isn't about who's single or who's married, it's about returning home with honor. Seeking to be like Christ, and attaining eternal salvation with Him. Seriously, these people have to get over their singleness! Stay in the family ward and make it better, don't just whine, cry, and leave when you can't get your way! Grow up! Oops, probably went a little far there...
Once more into the breach...
Ok, so that's a little dramatic, but appropriate. I'm headed to a Single Adult Conference this weekend in Richmond, VA. Scott will be there--the cute boy I met at the NYE conference. Too bad he'd already met a girl before I showed up (curses!!). He may have a friend, though. I know, it's too much to ask for an 'instant relationship', and I'm certainly not looking to find The One and get married in the next month, but it would be nice to have Something Good happen.
3 comments:
crossing my fingers for something good to happen. :)
And I am going to plant flowers today.
Just wanted to let you know that I miss you, friend. I gave up on LOST-other things just got in the way without you to be my guide. Let's play together soon.
I would go outside if it would stop being ridiculously cold and windy around here. Seriously, is it too much to ask for more than one good day every 2 weeks?
How I loved Clash of the Titans as a child. I will watch the new movie someday and probably like it quite a bit.
Post a Comment