Whoa, it's been almost a month! Let's see, what happened since I last wrote...
*It SNOWED. A lot. My power went out, for 18 hours. My friend let me stay the night at her house where it was warm.
*It SNOWED again, about 3 days later. My work was cancelled for three days (unheard of). My kitty and I got tired of staring at each other. I got several projects finished.
*The snow over that weekend was record-breaking. Over 3 feet of snow in most places. Yay for Maryland!
*I went to the movies with my friends. See Percy Jackson review on the sidebar
*I went to California to greet my niece as she returned from her mission to Utica New York. We both agreed that the weather in California was wonderful (60 degrees! Everyone else was freezing, though).
* Visited my Uncle Bill while in CA, with my niece, and got some more family history stuff. Dad told a cute story of how my two oldest siblings were taken to an amusement park when they were little and got to ride the kiddy roller coaster. At first my parents thought they were laughing, but then realized that my brother and sister were crying. They had to be comforted upon getting off the roller coaster. There, now archived for all eternity!
* Went to Dairy Queen with my nieces and nephews in California. I have the best nieces and nephews in the world, I tell you. They come in all different sizes, from 2 to 29, and the adult ones are so much fun to hang out with. The child-sized ones are so fun to play with. I'm the luckiest aunt in the world.
*Caught up on LOST. Well, almost. My goal was to re-watch all four seasons before the next season started. Except that there are FIVE seasons. Ooops. I only have one more disk to go, and then I can start watching the new season that I've been faithfully recording since it started 5 weeks ago. Arggh!!
*Went to rehearsal--yup, still in the Mormon Choir of Washington, DC. Still threatening to stop. May not have a choice after summer hiatus, as my work will be picking up then and who knows what kind of schedule I may have. Not sure I want to balance the stress of being in the choir with the stress from work, would rather just go home and crash. Now if I really enjoyed it, that would be a different story.
*Completed a Major Review at work. The reviewers were all suitably impressed. We did get Action Items, but mostly we know the answers to them and there's only one or two that need actual work done to close them out.
*Got an iPhone!!! It is so fun!! I have games and apps and all sorts of fun things, including the AT&T navigator. She's really nice, tells me how to get places. I'm finding new ways of getting to old places. Very fun.
*Read several books (see my goodreads page--I'll put a link to it on my sidebar if I haven't already).
*Started going to church in the New Building in Clarksville. It's the same size as the Laurel Building, one of those 3-ward (but not a Stake Center) sized buildings. No baptismal fount, though. 's ok, though. It does have actual coat closets. They say there's more parking, but we'll have to wait until the snow melts to see if that's true or not.
*Still love serving in Nursery. Not enjoying quite so much the ward chorister position. Can you say, "Been there, done that"? Still suspect they may make me Ward SA rep again. Which would be fine, but they would have to release me from one of the other two positions. I refuse (and they know this) to have more than two callings at a time any more. I just can't do it (I had 5 callings at once the last time the wards were split, so that's how I know). Technically I have 3 callings if you include VT, which I often need to or it doesn't get done.
*Started playing more with my cat. Helps that I got new batteries for her laser toy. She loves that thing. She can't figure out how to catch it. But it does mean that she doesn't attack me as much.
'nuff said?
1 comment:
okay, busy month. We all enjoyed seeing you too!! It was WAY TOO short though.
Post a Comment